Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Recall Details (tc.gc.ca)

Here's the detail on the recall. You can also verify your VIN for the recall from this page, but they will replace your instrument cluster. Apparently occurs in very cold (Canada) conditions.
What's the cause and why would the instrument panel be allowed to do this in ANY condition? Seems to me it should only be programmed to display right-side-up. But I don't know enough about technology to understand this. If I put my laptop outside in -23 degree weather would the screen invert too?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe PHEV Phantom Black Pearl
682 Posts
What's the cause and why would the instrument panel be allowed to do this in ANY condition? Seems to me it should only be programmed to display right-side-up. But I don't know enough about technology to understand this. If I put my laptop outside in -23 degree weather would the screen invert too?
I assume it's a failure, which is why they are replacing them.
It may be the screen used allows for 'inversion' like on a phone or similar, and, while not being programmed in, has occurred for some reason, hence the recall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same thing here. I live in Ottawa. Was -37 C overnight. My cluster was upside down on one side, but upside down and inverted on the other.
This and the fact that the heated seats can't turn on via the app makes me regret buying this vehicle.
Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Trip computer Tachometer

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same thing here. I live in Ottawa. Was -37 C overnight. My cluster was upside down on one side, but upside down and inverted on the other.
This and the fact that the heated seats can't turn on via the app makes me regret buying this vehicle. View attachment 466736
Really that bad? The screen is just a recall isn't it? As for heating seat, that's definitely a stupid issue. Think they will patch in a software upgrade?

I dont have mine yet but I got emails telling me it's on its way at the dealer. I'm guessing it will be another month because if this recall. So I have some time to think about cancelling my order.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine will arrive this week but with the recall not sure how long it will take, I put a $2k (non refundable) deposit down when I ordered so can’t really do anything unless it will take awhile for the recall to be fixed then I’ll fight it. I just hope they can let me take it home this week and then bring it back when they have the parts to fix for the recal.. but I doubt it.

The heated seat remote start isn’t a deal breaker for me, my RDX seats heat when I remote start but to be honest it doesnt.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Check your software version. There was an update in November, and while you can't 'set' the heated seats to come on there are options for the climate and seats to be activated automatically. My seats and steering come on when it's below 5C. When it's warmer the ventilated seats start automatically too.

Software version for Canada should be 2111123 (23 Nov 2021)
Font Brand Monochrome photography Logo Monochrome

·
Registered
19 Posts
The EU version appears to have different settings compared to the NA version. In Canada the top PHEV trim level is called the Luxury, and I think it's called Limited in the US. What is the EU top trim level called? Are the options you speak of maintained via the options on the steering wheel? If so, the NA version does not have them.

·
Registered
682 Posts
In the UK we have only Premium and Ultimate.

Ultimate is the equivalent of 'Calligraphy' that you get in the US, but we get the Pano Roof, HUD, and all the bits on the Calligraphy.

As to software - I see you have the version 210617 which is at least 2 versions old (there was a 2108.. version, and the latest is the 211123 version.

It is possible the automatic option is not available on the US/ Canada version, however as they are colder environments, that would surprise me. Of course, the trim level available is one level lower down (no Calligraphy equivalent on PHEV) which may explain that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any eta on fix on this recall?

Ordered mine in October. Got emails saying it arrived to port in December. Then follow up email saying it is on its way to dealership last week. I'm guessing dealers are holding the car until recall is done?

I'm not really in a hurry, more excited. But with some of the issues reposted here and even some regrets, I'm wondering if I should go forward. I only put $500 refundable deposit so I'm still able to cancel at no cost.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any eta on fix on this recall?

Ordered mine in October. Got emails saying it arrived to port in December. Then follow up email saying it is on its way to dealership last week. I'm guessing dealers are holding the car until recall is done?

I'm not really in a hurry, more excited. But with some of the issues reposted here and even some regrets, I'm wondering if I should go forward. I only put $500 refundable deposit so I'm still able to cancel at no cost.
I’m in the same boat, ordered middle of November, got email last week it’s going to be delivered at dealer this week. Asked salesman about recall a cpl weeks ago and said he would look into it, but no info back. I’m assuming it’ll be held until recall is looked after. Before I ordered the Santa Fe I was waiting 5 months for a Chevy bolt EUV which got to dealer a week after the stop sale… so needless to say I’m tired of waiting and she want to start saving gas (spend between 400-500/month.
A cpl members on here I seen posted they fix was being sent out to dealers, too bad it just wasn’t a software patch.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.