Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of de-badging (except the big "H") my SF LWB and cant seem to get the AWD emblem off. I soaked it with Goo-Gone, heated it for awhile with the hair dryer and nothing. All the other emblems came off with ease. :confused:

Does it have posts? Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I am in the process of de-badging (except the big "H") my SF LWB and cant seem to get the AWD emblem off. I soaked it with Goo-Gone, heated it for awhile with the hair dryer and nothing. All the other emblems came off with ease. :confused:

Does it have posts? Anyone else experienced this?
Got off all mine on my Limited with no problem. I heated up with heat gun until I could essential rotate them, then used a piece of fishing line between my thumbs and ran the line under the emblems maintaining the line as tight to the paint surface as possible as I pass all the way through. Peeled any remaining adhesive with my fingers, then removed excess with rubbing alcohol. Done in no time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same with me - heated my badges up with hair dryer for 10-15 seconds and simply pried them off with a plastic pry bar - no issued at all. Did not use any Goo-Gone or anything like that at all...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didnt even use a dryer, just took a thin flat tipped screw driver and applied pressure to the badges then used my thumb and rubbed the adhesive off with no chemicals

·
Registered
14 Posts
get some cheap and nasty floss (for teeth) and use that to get under the badge and cut through the adhesive.

·
Registered
162 Posts
...took a thin flat tipped screw driver and applied pressure to the badges...

Don't do that!
The way I interpreted what 800summit said is to carefully apply pressure from the underside of the badge once it is lifted somewhat. If he meant use the screwdriver to pry, that would certainly cause damage to the finish.

Due to the cold ambient temperature, I'll be waiting until spring to do mine.

·
Registered
713 Posts
NEVER use a screwdriver to do this. I speak from experience with my RAV4 and had to return to the dealer to buy touch-up paint!

Ray

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
If you are tempted to use a screwdriver to try to pop them off, then strongly recommend you wrap some duct tape around the end of it, just in case you slip and make contact with the paint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts