Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and new to owning a Santa Fe. Absolutely love this car.
I'm a car nut and cant help myself tinkering with my toys :thumbsup:

I am in Australia, I am not sure yet of the differences in our models, specs etc.
But I have found the following unit to suit my vehicle, is this the kind of item your reffering to with a tuning box?

Tunit Diesel ECU Chip Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi + DPF

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (dartman @ Apr 1 2011, 01:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=423462
I think that price is excessive, tuning boxes start at about $Aus 160 upto about $Aus 600 for one with remote operation in the UK. Why would any one need a remote? the are not for switching around whilst driving, you set them after working out over a period of time what suits your driving the leaving it there, pick another setting for towing, they are not replacements for nitrous oxide. I know some things have high tax added out there but surely not 100% +
I don't think that is for the 2006 onwards SF the plugs and sockets look wrong, certainly different to mine you sure it's not for the MK1? unless the photo is an example and not specific for the SF, I think you could get a chip upgrade for less than half that price.
Thanks for the feed back, yeah it was just a generic image I am quite sure.
I have found another model, delivers slightly better results according to their ad and a lot lot cheaper :D

Only thing I am worried about is the possibility of damage to the engine, ECU or transmission. Any thoughts on this?

This is the one I'm looking at now....
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Diesel-Power-Chip-M...=item3cb0ad8ca7

Cheers
Luke

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.