Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's no stopping me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:whistling:

Has anyone fitted one of these? I have been looking into fitting one, but they all look the same and all profess to give you all these advantages, but are they that good????

Then, last Friday, one of the lads I instruct with (I'm a Race Tutor) is a race engineer and he told me about a box they are fitting on a lot of diesels that come through his workshop.

He told me he had fitted it to a few other instructors cars also. So I went and had a chat with them and they all said they had noticed fuel savings. To quite some degree too.

Have a read and tell me what you think.

http://www.bhpplus.co.uk/Diesel-Tuning-Boxes/

It's the BHPCR for the Santa Fe. Whilst it comes across as expensive compared to several other options, I worked it out and after about 12 tanks of fuel, it should pay for itself. I'm not sure how you go on with the warranty with these things also.

Comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that great info.

I myself am not looking for BHP, but at best, I probably get about 34mpg on a long run and wouldn't mind getting more as I am up and down the country regularly.

One of the lads I work with drives a diesel Vauxhall Vectra. He says he was getting approx 45mpg out of his car, now he gets in excess of 53mpg. My calculation says on a 10 gallon tank, thats another 80miles per tank, another couple of gallons, so about £10.80 per fill saving.

I also tow, so your right, the torque curve is much better with one fitted.

Let me know how you go on with your 500 mile run.

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.