Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. 2007 CRTD Did the rest of the service and replaced the brakes all round. when it came to replacing the fuel filter i was stumped. Acces was not a huge problem once i had removed the top of the airfilter and the large air pipe to the back of the engine. Released the clamp band in the middle of the filter. Removed the drain with sensor wire and put my trusty oil filter remover on it. Try as i may, i could not make it move. Much more pressure and i would have pulled the head unit off the bulkhead. Am i missing something?
Nick

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

to be honest l can't remember the type of fuel filter on the diesel sonata..............looking at the new one does it have a screw thread at the top end with a rubber seal around the edge?,,,,also at the bottom end is there a small screw thread where a plastic drain plug screws into?..........if this is the case then the fuel filter does indeed just unscrew from the top fuel filter housing,(it may be just very tight) this is the most common type

l am also moving your post over to the sonata fourm

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
after a bit of digging this is the filter you should be using and it does just 'spin off' (the fram application is PS 9841)

[attachment=19275:fram.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. It is indeed the very kiddy. Im just going to have to be more forcefull. :liebe011:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts