Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by BimmerDom@Apr 8 2008, 07:50 PM
Wow, I'm stunned, that works out to 10.5L/100km, I would expect better
[snapback]150239[/snapback]​

Agree, I would expect a little better for a manual shift. Unless of course he drives around with much "excess baggage".
(BTW I reckon my 50Kg Tow Bar assembly must adversely affect my MPG)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks, those figures are better than mine I have to admit. At 80 I'm on about 33 MPG although that's usually with a load. I shall attempt to drive very sedately for a week or so and see if I can close...

Have you ever done a manual check on MPG to see how accurate the trip computer is?

BimmerDom, I think the urban figures are a bit better after running in some more but still only 28-29 MPG (UK gallons).

The quest for a 40MPG journey is on!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's a good point, I do have a tow bar. Daily commutes are just me and a few bags whereas longer journeys have tended to be either 2-3 people and 30-40KG of fencing kit each or a family of 5 plus baggage and diving gear.

That weight penalty plus a heavier right foot probably accounts for it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just done a 1150 mile round trip journey over the weekend. Averaged 35.8 mpg on the way down and 32.8 MPG on the way back. Conditions were generally good but cooler on the outward leg.

In litres per 100km:
Out 7.9
Back 8.6

Average speed was around 80mph

Lights were on, on the way down but not the way back, aircon probably working harder on the way back as it was a warmer day. Load on the way back was slightly lighter.

I've managed to get about 40 mpg averaging 60mph and that was with a boot full of dive kit.

Trip computer average for the whole journey was 34.8 mpg which is pretty close to the manual calculations. The dealer told me that it calculates mpg using American gallons - that inspires me with confidence.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been checking my mileage as well over the last few journeys. The last journey of around 700kms, checking the pumped in fuel relative to kilometres travelled, worked out to around the 27mpg mark (thats UK gallons).

This was towing a 1500kg caravan.

cheers
iandeborah

41 - 47 of 47 Posts