Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The one that they're selling here's got all the bells and whistless- 4x4 drive, ABS, ESP, 5 sp automatic, cruise control , all power windows , wood trim, 7 seats all leather, power seats (10 directions), front seat heating, dual zone auto air conditioning, 6 air bags, active head rest...they're saying they'll even throw in front and rear parking sensors for free (about 300 euros). All this goes for 36000 euros along with 5 year guarantee, or 100000 kilometers, whichever comes first.

Can't beat that, now, can you? :w00t:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know anything about chip tuning new Santa Fe's? Local dealer offers a tunung package for 750 euros, and I imagine since it's coming from them, the warranty remains....
On a couple of sites I've read that with some chip work they were able to boost the engine up from 155HP to 180 HP and get 400Nm of torque instead of original 340Nm.

Hmmmm....... :blink:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have excellent econonomy. My tank averages 33mpg on mixed driving conditions. On a tank soley on urban driving, I get about 420 miles on 60litres. Mixed driving around 460 miles. On hols when mostly 50mph, I get over 500miles.

Even towing I average 34mpg.

As for the gauage set to US Gallons. Nonsense, this was the case on earlier coupes and Tuscons. The Gauges are UK gallons. I dont tend to go by the gauge they aren't too accurate. I would work it out on a tank. 60 litres is a good mark to go by.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by wealdman@Feb 12 2008, 03:30 PM
I though UK gallons were the same as in the US!

UK gallons are quite a bit bigger than US ones ........ Don't ask me why ..... But they are.

UK Gallon = 4.54 Litres (Litres are the same everywhere)
US Gallon = 3.78 Litres

Some guff to read here

Either way the electronic fuel usage calculators in cars are "Estimates" ..... & not very informed ones either...... Test your car out the old fashioned way, pen & paper etc etc

·
Registered
64 Posts
OK, this is a bit pointless as it was this Santa Fe's first full tank of fuel so the MPG will be fairly bad.

UK gallons (4.545 litres per gallon)
334.1 miles from full
Fuel to fill up again = 56.79 litres
Real MPG = 26.74
Computer readout MPG = 30.2

Model is UK spec 2.2 litre diesel CDX 7 seat manual, roof bars removed for last 100 miles. 1/2 of miles with just me, rest with family of 5 and attendant stuff.

Not bad considering it's brand new and I don't drive it like a pensioner although I'm trying to be good because it's still running in........ :innocent:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by popvladimir@Feb 17 2008, 04:22 PM
Does anyone know anything about chip tuning new Santa Fe's? Local dealer offers a tunung package for 750 euros, and I imagine since it's coming from them, the warranty remains....
On a couple of sites I've read that with some chip work they were able to boost the engine up from 155HP to 180 HP and get 400Nm of torque instead of original 340Nm.

Hmmmm.......  :blink:
[snapback]137585[/snapback]​

I really hope we can get these over here in the UK sometime, so far the only sites I've found are in continental Europe. Would this upgrade require any changes to the other components e.g. brakes?

·
Registered
223 Posts
You believe the dealer :w00t:

He might well be right ......... But if a Hyundai dealer told me the sun is in the sky & volcanoes come from under ground I'd be very dubious & Google his statements to death

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by StoneIce+Feb 29 2008, 10:02 PM-->
I really hope we can get these over here in the UK sometime, so far the only sites I've found are in continental Europe.
You can get them ...... Buy em on line & they will post the bits to you :beer:

<!--QuoteBegin-StoneIce
@Feb 29 2008, 10:02 PM
Would this upgrade require any changes to the other components e.g. brakes?

Hang on.... You seem to be misunderstanding what this upgrade is all about, they are selling you a means to make your car go faster...... And thats all

If however you want a fully engineered & certified car output upgrade package you will be looking at many thousands of pounds, however that said, this interweb available gizmo won't suddenly turn your car in to somthing that would probably require a launch pad to use.

***Words of wisdom*** ........ If you don't really know what your doing to your car & the full consequences of your actions ...... Leave it well alone :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by J..M@Mar 6 2008, 04:56 PM
You can get them ...... Buy em on line & they will post the bits to you  :beer:
Hang on.... You  seem to be misunderstanding what this upgrade is all about, they are selling you a means to make your car go faster...... And thats all

If however you want a fully engineered & certified car output upgrade package you will be looking at many thousands of pounds, however that said, this interweb available gizmo won't suddenly turn your car in to somthing that would probably require a launch pad to use.

***Words of wisdom*** ........ If you don't really know what your doing to your car & the full consequences of your actions  ...... Leave it well alone  :thumbsup:
[snapback]141446[/snapback]​

I understand the consequences of poorly thought out upgrades - hence my questions on this here forum before I even think about buying a chip. Seeing as I've only done 650 miles in it so far I doubt I'll be upgrading for a while but it's always good to know about the possibilities.

Back to the thread topic. Last half tank of fuel got 29.5MPG, possibly because I used BP Ultimate this time or it's run in some more. It certainly wasn't because I went any slower and it was still all urban driving.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by StoneIce@Mar 8 2008, 01:16 AM

Back to the thread topic. Last half tank of fuel got 29.5MPG, possibly because I used BP Ultimate this time or it's run in some more. It certainly wasn't because I went any slower and it was still all urban driving.
[snapback]141801[/snapback]​

It's the fuel that's making the difference. 300 miles extra run-in would not make that (if any) difference.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree, back to ~27MPG with the normal stuff.

The stealer reckons I should be getting 35MPG urban even when running in. For some reason I think he's being optimistic....

I'll start worrying if it's still this low after a few more thousand miles.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by StoneIce@Mar 11 2008, 03:39 PM
The stealer reckons I should be getting 35MPG urban even when running in. For some reason I think he's being optimistic....

I don't.... I think he's being a car dealer. :57:

He wouldn't know the truth if it hopped up & kicked him in the Bollox. :bwekk:

This is the motor industry (Period) they have been like this ever since I can remember, they thought nothing of just adding a few MPH to the advertising blurb, if their competitors car was theoretically superior.... & not just 1 or 2 MPH either sometimes 50+ :whistling:

One thing I would like is a car with a accurate Speedo .......... Umm Ho Hum :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
I suspect it has a lot to do with those 26.1 miles. In other words my "urban" driving probably has less traffic lights than yours so I get the following.

With BP Ultimate diesel I get 9.5L/100Km or converting (283.7 divided by 9.5=29.8mpg Imp.)
With ordinary diesel I get 10.5L/100Km, converting gives 27mpg Imp.

So not a huge difference to your figures. I've done 5000KM in mine.

Hey Malaga Man - I have not been here for a while but glad I have seen this thread.

You may remember me moaning about the economy some time back when I first bought My Santa

I have now reconciled myself to the fact that I am never going to get the controlled conditions figures that they use to publicise fuel economy.

I have kept figures over the months - not with the computer - but by calculating litres pumped in, and after many tanks and some 18,000 kms I have a consistent 10.5l/100km for my 60km/day freeway/road which is not great ,but bearable, and a pretty good 6.7l/100km for my Xmas road trip

We only get one diesel grade and it is ridiculous price at the moment in excess of USD$1.40 @ Litre :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
USD $1.40?? We should be so lucky. Try USD $2.24 for the normal stuff and about USD $2.36 for the higher grade stuff.

Your urban journey fuel consumption figures look similar to mine. However I only get about 8.5-9l/100km on the longer journeys. Heavy right foot I guess...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Talkin bout diesel here ...... I dunno nuffink bout it ........ But ya only get one grade here I believe....... Cetane boosters are available tho

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by StoneIce@Mar 11 2008, 09:39 AM
I agree, back to ~27MPG with the normal stuff.

I'll start worrying if it's still this low after a few more thousand miles.
[snapback]142609[/snapback]​

I would be worrying now if I were you, I have never been below 30mpg apart from those rare times when I have had to drive like a Nuttah..! :whistling:

I think you need to change your shoes.... :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
J..M, OK, cleaner more expensive stuff rather than higher grade stuff then.

dansaaf, 2250 miles so far. No better than about 33-34mpg on the open road and usually 28 on the urban run. What's your max MPG?

The needle is usually sat on or just over 3000 rpm when cruising in 5th which doesn't seem excessive.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a 64 mile each way commute 3 days a week, 58 of which are on Motorway.

I'm on 36K now. My best ever mileage figure quoted on the OBC was 51MPG this was traveling at 55MPH all the way home after pressing reset the minute I leave work.

My regular figures pretty much read like so:

60MPH = 44MPG
70MPH = 40 - 42 MPG Deppendent on which way! Northbound uphill 40 Southbound downhill 42
80MPH = 36 - 38 MPG (as above)
90MPH = 28 - 32 MPG

Weekend around town combined = approx 33MPG

Yes I do get really bored on my commute. This has been quite constant for the last 19 Months since purchase'ish give or take a little.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts