Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did u know if you tap the + - button it will accelerate or slow down by 1mph increment? i was at 45mph today and pressed it 5 times...it crept up to 50 and stopped...tried it dropping speed as well...and again..did the exact same thing. def more accurate and seemingly more gas friendly than holding it down...which is always an option if u prefer.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
QUOTE (XxSuperGmaN25xX @ Nov 19 2010, 02:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373091
Did u know if you tap the + - button it will accelerate or slow down by 1mph increment? i was at 45mph today and pressed it 5 times...it crept up to 50 and stopped...tried it dropping speed as well...and again..did the exact same thing. def more accurate and seemingly more gas friendly than holding it down...which is always an option if u prefer.

Page 5-32 and 5-33 both say that in the owners manual, most car MFG's CC systems work in the same manor. :thumbsup:

To increase cruise control set speed:Follow either of these procedures:
• Push the RES+ switch and hold it. Your vehicle will accelerate. Release the switch at the speed you want.
• Push the RES+ switch and release it immediately. The cruising speed will increase 1.0 mph (1.6 km/h) each time the RES+ switch is operated in this manner.
To decrease the cruising speed: Follow either of these procedures:
• Push the SET- switch and hold it. Your vehicle will gradually slow down. Release the switch at the speed you want to maintain.
• Push the SET- switch and release it immediately. The cruising speed will decrease 1.0 mph (1.6 km/h) each time the SET- switch is operated in this manner.

·
Registered
677 Posts
QUOTE (XxSuperGmaN25xX @ Nov 19 2010, 02:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373091
I did not know this but now I do....Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Smoke1991 @ Nov 19 2010, 04:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373096
Page 5-32 and 5-33 both say that in the owners manual, most car MFG's CC systems work in the same manor. :thumbsup:
ahhh def didnt see it when i skimmed...and my last car was a 95..aka twist the signal changer to accelerate lol i def like this feature..i use CC very often and continually have to change MPH by 5 up and down.

QUOTE (glenn716 @ Nov 19 2010, 04:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373097
I did not know this but now I do....Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:
well at least i helped someone lol

·
Registered
817 Posts
You may have helped a lot of people who only lurk here.

Any "tip or trick" that someone posts is bound to be helpful to someone.

:thumbsup: to XxSuperGmaN25xX for at least willing to take the time to post.

·
Registered
277 Posts
QUOTE (XxSuperGmaN25xX @ Nov 19 2010, 03:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373091

More gas friendly?
I would think holding it down once would be more economical.
I think it would have to use more gas to accelerate 5 times, than just one time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Mr.Wonderful @ Nov 19 2010, 04:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373112
More gas friendly?
I would think holding it down once would be more economical.
I think it would have to use more gas to accelerate 5 times, than just one time.
its not 5 individual accelerations. its one small minor one to a specified speed. rather than holding which sometimes causing a gear change.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
another added tip: when driving up to the teller window, fast food drive-thru, all you have to do is hold down the 'MODE" button on your steering wheel (if applicable) and the radio will turn off. when done at the window, hit mode again, and it comes back on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (fear24 @ Nov 19 2010, 05:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373130
another added tip: when driving up to the teller window, fast food drive-thru, all you have to do is hold down the 'MODE" button on your steering wheel (if applicable) and the radio will turn off. when done at the window, hit mode again, and it comes back on. :thumbsup:
i always wondered why there wasnt a "mute" "pause" type button on steering wheel...meanwhile..right under my nose.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yup, very good feature.

·
Registered
677 Posts
QUOTE (fear24 @ Nov 19 2010, 04:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373130
Another one I didn't know about :banana: . I swear I did read my manual.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Did u know if you tap the + - button it will accelerate or slow down by 1mph increment?
It has been that way in all my cars (BMW, Lexus, GM, Ford, Honda, Acura, VW, etc) for decades :whistling:. Oh, and on my BMW bikes too :grin:.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts