Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a thank you from Hyundai, they sent me a $50 gift card. Did you guys get one too?

First: I love the car
Second: I love my dealer who gave me a good deal on the car
Third: I love being placed on the Hyundai Billboard in NY Time Square
Fourth: I love getting interviewed about my Hyundai by Wall Street Journal's Smart Money
Now: I even got $50 bones from Hyundai as a thank you.

Verdict.... :thumbsup: :banana:

·
Registered
123 Posts
no hyundai love here. No gift card. No present (i think it was the cup insert) mailed.. nothing. :-(

ohwell the car still is great though.

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ Aug 18 2010, 01:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350172
As a thank you from Hyundai, they sent me a $50 gift card. Did you guys get one too?

Fourth: I love getting interviewed about my Hyundai by Wall Street Journal's Smart Money

Must be nice!! lol

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
zip zero here. I didnt even get the free dash mat that some of the other folks got for purchase (GF got one for buying her 2010).

C'mon Hyundai---wheres the freebie love???

·
Registered
46 Posts
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ Aug 18 2010, 02:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350172

Good deal. Gotta ask though, what did you pay for the car vs sticker price? Since there's no free lunch, I'm assuming they made plenty o' $ on the car to be able to give a little back.

·
Registered
677 Posts
No $50 here but they send me a nice little reminder every month to tell me how much I owe. That's real nice of them don't you think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nothing here :( Just curious, when did you purchase your car? I purchased my 2011 Sonata July 17. Maybe it was a limited time promotion? Think I'll still keep the car though, considering I love it!!!!! :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
To resurrect this post from life support I just wanted to add that I got a thank you gift in the mail from Hyundai today.

It was a prepaid $100 promotional Mastercard debit card. I didn't do anything to get this and I was surprised this was even sent. I'm usually leery of things sent like this because usually cashing something like this means you agree to something shifty down the line where it costs you even more money but Hyundai made it pretty clear it's not a credit card offer or anything else shifty so I shall happily enjoy my debit card.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd really like to know how this deal works..... weird as it has been.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got a phone call from some woman at Sonata that they were trying to
send me a $50 gift card but it was returned as non deliverable.

I told her that my house does not have a mailbox and all my mail goes to my
PO Box. Gave her that address and she said I would rx the gift card in a few days.

Two weeks later, I got another phone call that they were trying to send me a
$50 gift card but that it was returned as non deliverable. I AGAIN told this woman that it needs to be sent to my PO Box.

Two weeks later I rx'd a 3RD phone call saying they were trying to send me a $50 gift card. By now I'm thinking, what the **** is wrong with these people?

I told her (sounded like the same woman each of the 3 times) to send the
gift card to the PO BOX. I had her repeat it back to me.

Two weeks after this, I finally got the $50 gift card.

She said I was rx'g the card because I had participated in one of those
e-mail surveys.

I think I will apply the $50 toward my psychiatric bill caused by this episode.

:w00t:

·
Registered
210 Posts
QUOTE (Hysteria @ Oct 27 2010, 05:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366777
To resurrect this post from life support I just wanted to add that I got a thank you gift in the mail from Hyundai today.

It was a prepaid $100 promotional Mastercard debit card. I didn't do anything to get this and I was surprised this was even sent. I'm usually leery of things sent like this because usually cashing something like this means you agree to something shifty down the line where it costs you even more money but Hyundai made it pretty clear it's not a credit card offer or anything else shifty so I shall happily enjoy my debit card.
WOW - maybe there is hope for me yet! When did you buy your car? I got mine in early June and NOTHING! And I have done 2 online surveys...Go figure.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
QUOTE (PattyNY811 @ Oct 27 2010, 08:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366834
WOW - maybe there is hope for me yet! When did you buy your car? I got mine in early June and NOTHING! And I have done 2 online surveys...Go figure.
yup, same here....two seperate online surveys....after i bought the car..and nothing. purchased 9/4/2010 (of course, two weeks early come to find out with the 2011.5 out!!!!!

one survey before purchase...which did get me two years free maintenance on the car...i asked the dealer about it when i went and actually purchased the car....he/they knew nothing about that promotion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts