Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a feeling I know which direction this thread will lean but just for **** and giggles, I figured what the hey?

I personally feel this car is everything I expected it to be and then some. For $26k, I wasn't expecting perfection or close to it. **** for $50k, my lexus gs400 wasn't even close to perfect!

bottomline, for me my price was worth the admission!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Everything has met or exceeded my expectations except one thing. I can not use my horn in public. I only used my horn when people **** me off on the road, but now hand gestures are the norm.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If all cars had horns like the Sonata, the world would be a quieter place. I 100% agree with eyecue. The horn disappoints. If Hyundai had to choose between the cost of a great sounding horn and something else like prop rods for the hood instead of gas struts, well, I would have preferred the horn.

·
Registered
142 Posts
For me it's everything I expected and then some. Besides the electrical problem that I had and some other little things I'm completely satisfied.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The only thing that bugs me is that I once again have monthly payments but even at that the payments are not too bad at all, I have not had to make car payments in the last 10 years.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 7 2010, 10:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339502
Everything has met or exceeded my expectations except one thing. I can not use my horn in public. I only used my horn when people **** me off on the road, but now hand gestures are the norm.
Adjust it, and your car will be perfect. :)

Disclaimer: I can't vouch for the picture!

·
Registered
106 Posts
As the saying goes
"if you have low expectations, you will never be dissapointed"
at $19.2K, for a 2011 model, it is hard to dissapoint

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well my Sonata is less expensive, more quiet, bigger, prettier, and better-equipped than the car I replaced. So pretty happy here.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I only went to the dealer to "check out" an '11 Sonata in person, but ended up driving a new one off the lot. I think that answers the question.

I can't wait to see what the 2014 Sonata will be once my lease is up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Love mine. the only (minor) complaints i have are:

The horn could be deeper and richer sounding to match the car

The XM radio loses signal easily by trees (my 2008 elantra never lost signal driving the same areas)

Rear passenger roof a bit low

The miles-to-empty readout does not use the current mpg average in its forumla, so its useless telling me 397 to go, when i can get 600+

Back end of the mufflers showing rust in a month and half. will have to use rustoleum high temp bbq grill paint there or something

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (gregd71 @ Jul 7 2010, 02:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339559
Back end of the mufflers showing rust in a month and half. will have to use rustoleum high temp bbq grill paint there or something
I have that too...I try to wash them weekly to keep the corrosion down.....I think its a bi-product from the DI engine....

·
Registered
932 Posts
I admit I expected more. I owned an '89 Sonata and was impressed that after 3 years there were still no rattles. That's not the case with the 2011.

I also think the suspension noise is excessive but admit this might be a price point issue.

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (midas69 @ Jul 7 2010, 03:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339574
I admit I expected more. I owned an '89 Sonata and was impressed that after 3 years there were still no rattles. That's not the case with the 2011.

I also think the suspension noise is excessive but admit this might be a price point issue.
I highly doubt your 89 sonata was rattle free.....my friend's parents bought an 86 excel brand new and I swear if both of us each grabbed at a corner, we could lift it over our heads. Whenever he slammed the door on it, the whole car moved over an inch!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Extremely happy with my purchase. I have owned over 20 cars and this one is right up there with a couple of the Acura's I owned as far as favorite vehicles. There are a couple of minor things (yes the horn) but the great features far outweigh the little picky things. Oh and its been over 90 here 3 days in a row and the AC is really good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
932 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 7 2010, 02:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339575
I highly doubt your 89 sonata was rattle free.....my friend's parents bought an 86 excel brand new and I swear if both of us each grabbed at a corner, we could lift it over our heads. Whenever he slammed the door on it, the whole car moved over an inch!
You may doubt it, but you'd be wrong. Remember the Excel was basically a Mitsubishi. The Sonata was pure Hyundai. The Excel was so poorly made that thieves that wanted to steal the radio found out it was easier to just pull the doors off than it was to smash the windows to break into the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am very satisfied with my Sonata so far! I love to drive it next to all those boring looking Camrys and Accords and just to think that I drove those cars for so many years.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I expected more out of my Sonata in one area...gas mileage...city at least. Getting 20 MPG or less on a tank while driving the 'eco' light is not what I expected. About to take it in for its first oil change approaching 2k miles (doing the 1st one before 3k to be safe). The looks, technology, everything else about the car is great.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts