Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy, 2.5T HTRAC, Hampton Gray / Black
264 Posts
Only option for now is the AAWireless adapter which I ordered this past summer (still waiting for delivery, but since we don't have our calli yet, no rush lol). But also hoping that Hyundai updates the software for wireless AA in the future.

Edit: I stand corrected; Kulfsson mentions below there are other similar devices such as Carsifi.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Only option for now is the AAWireless adapter which I ordered this past summer (still waiting for delivery, but since we don't have our calli yet, no rush lol). But also hoping that Hyundai updates the software for wireless AA in the future.
I also ordered that gadget, in June, and am still waiting for my "October delivery". Guess a lot of us are in the same boat. Ironically, in the interim I've taken a liking to simple bluetooth Spotify, no fussing with the phone, it just stays in my pocket and I have similar control over it with Google voice commands (when Google is listening, which is not always). I'm not sure I will love the supposed 30-45 second delayed start up time for wireless AA to get going with that gadget. But I'll give it a fair chance, assuming it ever arrives.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe PHEV - Magnetic Force
125 Posts
I haven´t received my Santa Fe yet, but I am looking at options for Wireless Android. I also took a look at AAWireless and Carsifi, but then found Carlinkit and Applepie, both devices that seem to work and are available already in abundance. It seems that both AAWireless and Carsifi are just rebranding these other devices. Applepie Mini Wireless CarPlay Ai Box Android 9 Qualcomm 4+64G Plug and Play Youtube Netfix for Benz Audi Nissan Hyundi Haval|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress & Carlinkit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Activator Auto Connect for Audi Benz Wolkswagen Mazda Wired to Wireless Carplay Plug And Play|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,820 Posts
I haven´t received my Santa Fe yet, but I am looking at options for Wireless Android.
What model and trim do you have on order. CarPlay® works differently in different trims and models.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Very interesting post on the carsifi forum; someone asked if the device could force a different DPI to the 10 inch screen on Hyundai vehicles so the entire width would be utilized for AA (rather than just 2/3rd of the screen). This was the response; Looks like a vendor of your head unit has constant width and height for Android Auto software and we can work only in these dimensions. Our feature "DPI change" can't help to change the width and height that provided by your head unit vendor, because we haven't access to it.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe PHEV - Magnetic Force
125 Posts
What model and trim do you have on order. CarPlay® works differently in different trims and models.
My car is ordered in Iceland, and I have found that the Trim levels are not in sync in different parts of the world. The one I have on order is called "Premium" which looks very similar to what is often called the "Limited" edition in the US.

It is a Santa Fe PHEV and it contains the 10.25 inch screen. According to reports I have seen it does not contain wireless Carplay/Android Auto.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo 8DCT HTRAC 20" wheels
1,820 Posts
Any chance the wireless works after the spring 2022 update? I know the Android Auto is fullscreen now on the 10" navigation, any luck with wireless connection ?
Yes, most all problems have been addressed. No reports of any issues since the update.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Any chance the wireless works after the spring 2022 update? I know the Android Auto is fullscreen now on the 10" navigation, any luck with wireless connection ?
Nope, AA is still not wireless on 10" (unless you use a plug-in device line AAWireless).

·
Registered
‘22 Tucson Limited PHEV, Deep Sea Blue & Charcoal
511 Posts
Because of the built in navigation, it is a licensing issue with Google so unless royalties are paid by Hyundai, wireless is unlikely to happen.
Huh? Wireless CarPlay has nothing…, oh you guys are just making stuff up now…integrated Nav has nothing to do with AA and CarPlay.

·
Registered
Santa Fe 202103 2.2 Crdi 8DCT FWA Style
25 Posts
Complete engineer mode of my Hyundai Santa Fe screen 10'25 where wifi could be activated for Carplay and Android Auto but the manufacturer still does not allow activation I have tried to activate but they do not allow remote activation yet because they know that the car has a permanent connection with Hyundai, look closely, it puts active soon but there it is... When will they do it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Complete engineer mode of my Hyundai Santa Fe screen 10'25 where wifi could be activated for Carplay and Android Auto but the manufacturer still does not allow activation I have tried to activate but they do not allow remote activation yet because they know that the car has a permanent connection with Hyundai, look closely, it puts active soon but there it is... When will they do it?
Please advise how to acces engineering mode in 10.25 screen version.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
What is that? Specific instructions, please :). Thank you.

·
Registered
Santa Fe 202103 2.2 Crdi 8DCT FWA Style
25 Posts
With the vehicle on, you put the radio, put volume level 7 and press tuning button, you put volume level 3 and press tuning button, you put volume level 1 and press tuning button, please wait, the complete engineer mode screen will appear, put 0652 and ok.
All responsibility for modification is up to you, pay attention to the guarantees!

My opinion, wait for Hyundai to put this into service.
Best regards.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thank you very much for that; greatly appreciated. I'm not going to mess with AA or ACP (I don't use it), but I'm curious why it's not wireless on 10.25" systems? Lack of modem, or another thing? Really weird that lesser trims have it, and top-of-the-line ones not.

Anyway, going back to engineering mode: What you can change (or view) in engineering mode? And how you can SAFELY get out of it (ha ha), without inadvertently changing anything? I want to know that too before going in :). I assume you can view DTCs in case you get a CEL, right? But what about activating the ABS pump for brake bleeding? And putting the electric parking brake in service mode, to change the pads? What else? Thank you.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts