Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I need to replace the rear brake pads on my 2014 i40 1.7D VF with EPB. From what I can tell I need a diagnostic tool to set the EPB in "service mode" for this job.

I've been looking at the iCarsoft CR Pro (https://www.icarsoft.com/Product/s-370-iCarsoft_CR_pro.html) which suggests it covers both Hyundai and EPB service... however I cannot find any information on this specific function for Hyundai, so I'm uncertain if this will do the job.

I could go for a more brand-specific tool, but I do have two other vehicles (a Fiat and a Peugeot) in my household, and I often help out friends and family with DIY jobs so it would be nice to a have a brand generic tool.

Does anyone have any experience using the iCarsoft CR Pro for the i40 with EPB, or any other recommendations for which tool to use?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
i40 VF 1.7 CRDi AT6 100kW
58 Posts
Hi.

As far as I've learned about this thing is that original diagnostic tool is GDS and is very expensive to buy for home use.
There have been also guys replacing rear pads in the old traditional way + the negative terminal removed from the battery...

Cheers, Adrian.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi.

As far as I've learned about this thing is that original diagnostic tool is GDS and is very expensive to buy for home use.
There have been also guys replacing rear pads in the old traditional way + the negative terminal removed from the battery...

Cheers, Adrian.
Could you elaborate on the "old traditional way + the negative terminal" way of doing it? I have just done one of my rear set of pads by removing the EB motor, turning it with an Allen key and then pushing the piston back in.

Now the other side I can't get the motor off as the bolts holding it on are stuck fast!!

·
Registered
i40 VF 1.7 CRDi AT6 100kW
58 Posts
Hi Dave, well, that's it! You've done it the old fashioned way. The negative for the battery was the extra precaution for the electric motor on the caliper, but that video is all you'll ever need, it is fantastic!
Cheers, Adrian

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G973F folosind Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I changed my rear brake pads today. I can confirm that the iCarsoft CR Pro works on my i40 VF.

One thing I noted: The service mode apparently "disengages" the parking brake motor, but doesn't actually retract the cylinder head. I had to push this back - I could do this by hand, so I am assuming I wouldn't have damaged anything like that.

Anyway, new pads are on, everything is as it should!

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts