Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my car is a Santa Fe 2.0 CRTD 2005. I have posted in the diesel section but cannot seem to get an answer to my problem and so in sheer desperation I am now posting here.
Does anyone know where the crank sensor is on this model. So far I have been told it is just below the inlet manifold, just below the exhaust manifold, hidden by the starter motor, fittted just alongside the crankshaft pulley behind the plastic cover. I now have a partially dismantled engine and am no nearer finding this elusive sensor.:(

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hi,
I do not know exactly where, indeed somewhere under the airbox, at the rear of the engine, some 1/3 height of the engine.
I do have a picture so maybe you can look for that item.
The round part is inside the engine so you must find the outside part with wire attached.
Good luck,
Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul, you are a star!! Autodata gives the wrong location for this sensor as does the Hyundai Garage Manual and many other people on different forums. As you correctly say it is on the back (bulkhead) side of the engine roughly a third up and about 30mm in from the join between the engine and gearbox. I managed to find it by using a wiring diagram, the wires being black/red/black and is the only item with that wiring. The connector for the sensor is the right hand end of the camshaft box along with some others, it is easy to trim back some of the wiring from the connectors, find the right colours and follow it down to the sensor, voila!!
I think there might be an easier way of locating this sensor by removing the (UK) passenger side front wheel, remove the plastic cover in the wheel arch and with a bit of messing about you should be able to see it. I'm going to try and if sucessful I will re-post.This is only for the DE4A Turbodiesel engine as all other engines seem to be different Thanks again for the help. Paul.

·
Registered
843 Posts
You're wecome. Luckily you have found it.
I also had some troubles finding it's location in the D4EA manuals. It was not that clear. A bit dumb because it seems an item that still many users seem to need.
As seen on the picture, often the wiring insulation has crumbled after some years and so opening the way for short circuits hence not working.
Also thank you for pointing it out where it is and how to get to it more easily.
Not that I have troubles with it but mine also has some years on it so it might be it will go sometime in the future.
Good luck with the repairs,
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts