Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i pulled the trigger on deleting the rear hyundai badge despite the holes in the rear hatch.

Solution, stickers.. So i found some clear laminate and covered the badge holes. Sorry i didn't take pictures of the rear deck clean. It didn't look to good so i followed through with plan b. Black $7 porsche macan turbo badge.

the badge covers the holes pretty well

the bevel in the rear hatch kills the totally clean look so for now i will keep the badge

badge looks so-so not really sold on it yet

the badge posts, the floss is for reference in size

While i was in there i decided to plasti-dip the rear reflectors. They are hard to remove if you have normal size hands so, good luck. Just one 8mm screw and some plastic hooks hold it in

all chrome must go

Plugs on back of the reflector. Just a hole, no way to fit in a LED or anything

Snapped a pic of the harness that is directly behind the reflectors plugged into nothing. I'm almost positive that that these are for some Non-US option. Anyone know?

taken when unplugged from holder

Not bad, jury is still out

done right

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
nice job!

Few things:

1. How did you pull out these rear reflectors?
2. That wiring is used for rear reflector bulbs, you can see it in European models. I glad you found it, as now I can just simply buy these EDM reflectors and it would be plug-in-play installation.....Thanks for sharing with that!!
3. what type of color did you use for spraying on them?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm gonna guess with that many wires, it's probably for the rear blind spot detection system or rear bumper sensors. I wonder how it would have looked with Caribbean Blue painted reflectors?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking these would look great in Caribbean Blue. Painting these reflectors body color would really clean up the hatch.

nice job!

Few things:

1. How did you pull out these rear reflectors?
2. That wiring is used for rear reflector bulbs, you can see it in European models. I glad you found it, as now I can just simply buy these EDM reflectors and it would be plug-in-play installation.....Thanks for sharing with that!!
3. what type of color did you use for spraying on them?
(1) Under the rear bumper cover are black plastic flarings. if you check my Class IV trailer hitch thread i have photos in there. Those pop off with a few clips. Then the reflector is up in that space held in with 2 plastic hooks and a 8mm screw, if you have a ratcheting wrench you're good to go.

(2) I was hoping you would chime in with info on the non-US spec options. Great info. Ive seen an LED kit on ebay for this and now that i've seen them out of the car i realize you would have to bake the housings to get the LED kit in the reflector.

(3)I used matte black plasti-dip, i was going for a oem look to match the fender flares. I have plastidip glossifer too, it turns the matte black into gloss black,

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I wonder if that wiring is for the factory trailer harness.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Only reason I think it's for rear sensors is the fact that the harness part number has "LH" in it which usually means "left hand" side. Blind detection sensor is right behind that area last I checked.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
He said this wasn't plugged in, this model would have the BSD.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Was there a set of wires on both sides or just 1? If 2, did one have an RH on it, vs LH (thinking Left / Right).
It would be handy if they're for plug/play lights!

My .02¢, I'd prefer to get them to light up for more breaking awareness than blacking out. That said, blue would look sweet too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
By the looks of those clips, those wires would definitely connect to the rear reflectors, turning them into fog lights. im just curious on how they would activate as the the light stalk wont have a rear fog light switch...

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I wonder if that wiring is for the factory trailer harness.
nope.

parking sensors also run only 2 wires and connector has 4...Marking LH and RH shows it uses for something more simple...like lights for instance, 4 wiring plug is ok if in europe these reflectors used as a fog lights and side makers...this is my guess

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have an AWD Sport model for the record.

So there is a LH and RH wire loom, each plug into a plastic plug that goes to nothing. I would like LED lights in place of these but im cheap and im sure those OEM parts are expensive haha

plastidip and CB look good together.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[/IMG]

so those plugs pictured above do work. I'm happy this cuv has so much non-USD support. Anyone buy these yet?

·
Registered
256 Posts
you're right.. put the badge back on.. didn't even realize there was a bevel there which kinda kills the lines/look if you just go with turbo

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey OP,
How did you protect the radiator when plastdipping the front logo?

I've plastidipped the back badges, but still trying to logistically figure out how to do the grill and front badge without spraying through the grill and getting plastidip into the radiator.

·
22,793 Posts
I pulled the trigger and bought a pair.. i haven't received them yet hopefully soon

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
I like it! Link? Lastly, this mod gonna involve rear bumper removal? I installed the LED reflectors on the lower bumper of my 2017 Elantra. Required bumper removal/replace...done without any hiccups.

Not sure wife will approve of me tinkering with her bumper...the Tucson's, that is. :blush:>:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
I like it! Link? Lastly, this mod gonna involve rear bumper removal? I installed the LED reflectors on the lower bumper of my 2017 Elantra. Required bumper removal/replace...done without any hiccups.

Not sure wife will approve of me tinkering with her bumper...the Tucson's, that is. :blush:>:D
I've tried to see how hard it is to remove the reflector without removing the bumper. It is pretty easy for someone with smaller hands, it's just held by one screw and loosening the clips and it should pop out of the bumper..

·
22,793 Posts
I've tried to see how hard it is to remove the reflector without removing the bumper. It is pretty easy for someone with smaller hands, it's just held by one screw and loosening the clips and it should pop out of the bumper..

Thanks, JC. Understand the "smaller hands" comment. I installed similar reflectors on my 2013 Elantra, opting NOT to remove the bumper. It was doable, and looked great, but not without a cost to my scratched-up arms. Should have had my 8-year old granddaughter help me! ;)

Wiring, however, has never been an issue. Just the initial R/R. I'll wire them up all day long as opposed to installing.

Reactions: jcgarcia
1 - 20 of 27 Posts