Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this out last night. On a manual AC/Heater 2008.

If you have the heater on front defrost and then push the recirculation button on/off 4-5 times, the recirc button light will start flashing and the AC button light comes on steady.

Push the AC button off and the defrost will run without the AC compressor. If you want the AC on at the same time then push the AC button.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
Yes, a nifty feature that works like a charm.

When they switched to the full manual controls, after 2008 I believe, this feature was no longer available. So people with later MC's, don't bother trying this. ^_^

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use to disconnect the AC clutch connector. Easier than taking the dash apart. Or the high or low pressure switch.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Yes, a nifty feature that works like a charm.

When they switched to the full manual controls, after 2008 I believe, this feature was no longer available. So people with later MC's, don't bother trying this. ^_^
yep. i try it every time the thread comes up and it doesnt work. lol.

·
Super Moderator
3,814 Posts
If nothing else, you can pull the HVAC control panel off and simply disconnect the a/c switch that goes to the mode selection knob.
That might work on the 2009+ models.. They went to full mechanical controls and away from the electronic controls/actuators that the 2006-2008 models had.

Best way to tell on these cars is to see if the OFF position is on the mode knob, if so it is the electronic controls and the recirc button trick worked. If the fan switch has the off position, then it is the mechanical controls.

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That might work on the 2009+ models.. They went to full mechanical controls and away from the electronic controls/actuators that the 2006-2008 models had.

Best way to tell on these cars is to see if the OFF position is on the mode knob, if so it is the electronic controls and the recirc button trick worked. If the fan switch has the off position, then it is the mechanical controls.

This is what my 2008 has and it works like I said. Off position for the fan.

·
Registered
204 Posts
From an ancient thread on this subject.

Actually, I've noticed with this done in my car, it DOES NOT turn off my compressor. It only turns off the A/C light. Hitting A/C makes the light turn on again, but does not change the status of the compressor.
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/184-mc-2006-2011-accent/78255-disable-c-during-defrost-2.html

I too have made this observation. I feel the same vibration from the engine compartment regardless of the status of the AC light when in defrost mode. When I switch to any other modes on the HVAC, the vibration changes indicating the AC clutch disengaging. Then when I activate the AC, the vibration feels the same as when the HVAC is in defrost mode.

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On my '08 Accent if I do the trick to disable the AC in full defrost and then put the temp on cold all I get is ambient. Push the AC button and then comes the cold air. It's also very easy to tell due to the more rapid clearing of the moisture when the AC compressor kicks in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts