Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So much of north america is experiencing some very cold weather this past week. Has anyone got this Hyundai DEFA warm up system installed on their vehicle? How much does this cost to get installed? It's essentially an intelligent block heater in many ways.

Here is the description of the DEFA system:
DEFA vehicle preheating systems -- don't let the cold get to you!
Forget about the winter morning routine of scraping the ice off, getting into a deep-frozen seat and struggling with the ignition. It may be well below zero outside -- just get into your car and set off like you would on a spring day. After all, DEFA has made sure you can: the windows are clear, the car is warm and comfortable inside, the engine is ready to start.

Wanted: Wonderful warmth this winter!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had it installed on my 2011 Sonata Hybrid by a dealer in London, Ontario. It was working perfectly, until I took the car to a Hyundai dealer in Richmond Hill, Ontario to diagnose "Service Indicator light" ( which totally unrelated issue ). After I took it back it was broken, and the dealer says we did nothing to it and we don't know anything about this system. I used it less than 20 times, so it was pretty new. No other dealer in the GTA that I contacted is willing to fix it. They all say you have to take the car back to the original dealer who installed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts