Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey eveyone,

I am not sure if everyone is aware, but there is a forum dedicated specifically to the Elantra GT. It has all the typical car forum sections that would make the knowledge shared over time easier to sort and find. The website is Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo Forum.

I joined that forum today and hope everyone here is willing to transition over to that site so that we can have a better organized and more dedicated on-line community going forward. Also, I want to say that I am not affiliated with that forum (nor this one), I just want to have a good place for the Elantra GT community to build knowledge. Its much better to have a forum with dedicated sub-forums for tech discussions, maintenance, specific mods, etc.

I am hoping that people will sign up over there and start using it as the go-to GT forum. As of right now, the GT crowd seems to be split between this subforum and the elantrasport.com forum. The dedicated forum for our cars is pretty dead and I am hoping we can turn it around and start using it more.

Please take 3 minutes and sign up at elantragtforum.com! It will be good for all of us going forward!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. Forum uses the same software as this one so it is easy to navigate. There are no much members so lets see how it will go...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads-up. Forum uses the same software as this one so it is easy to navigate. There are no much members so lets see how it will go...
yup, the layout is great. I know there are not a lot of GT owners out there, so having us spread out over a few different forums is not going to be ideal long term. Hopefully enough people get onto it so that it becomes the most active GT community.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,871 Posts
Not that anyone cares but I own the 2018+ (2017 if we need to get specific) page on Facebook that I am trying my best to keep as only those owners. Now it is not divided between the GT and GT Sport but Facebook is so much easier to post on these days if anyone cares to join it feel free! Note something about "Forums" in the question to join so I can easily add you and confirm you as an owner.

Facebook Group Name -> "Hyundai Elantra GT/i30 Owners (2018-Present)"

Reactions: Parteklman909

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey eveyone,

I am not sure if everyone is aware, but there is a forum dedicated specifically to the Elantra GT. It has all the typical car forum sections that would make the knowledge shared over time easier to sort and find. The website is Hyundai Elantra GT Turbo Forum.

I joined that forum today and hope everyone here is willing to transition over to that site so that we can have a better organized and more dedicated on-line community going forward. Also, I want to say that I am not affiliated with that forum (nor this one), I just want to have a good place for the Elantra GT community to build knowledge. Its much better to have a forum with dedicated sub-forums for tech discussions, maintenance, specific mods, etc.

I am hoping that people will sign up over there and start using it as the go-to GT forum. As of right now, the GT crowd seems to be split between this subforum and the elantrasport.com forum. The dedicated forum for our cars is pretty dead and I am hoping we can turn it around and start using it more.

Please take 3 minutes and sign up at elantragtforum.com! It will be good for all of us going forward!
No NA option. :wallbash: Not all of us have the 1.6T.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not that anyone cares but I own the 2018+ (2017 if we need to get specific) page on Facebook that I am trying my best to keep as only those owners. Now it is not divided between the GT and GT Sport but Facebook is so much easier to post on these days if anyone cares to join it feel free! Note something about "Forums" in the question to join so I can easily add you and confirm you as an owner.

Already a member of that group but I feel something needs to be done with all the regular 'I bought a car' posts with photos of their stock GT.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

yeah, not a bad option for general stuff, but its not a good long term solution since there is no way to sort topics into various categories, etc. Also if the group owner loses interest its kind of done at that point. Its a bit of a limited platform in my view. I know you've probably put in a lot of effort into it and I am not knocking that. Hope you can get the folks in the FB group to get onto the GT forum also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Member of all of them although I am not the most active poster I suppose. There is definitely not the following for our cars that there is for the Sport Sedan but the car is only a 1 year car in the US plus for some reason Americans hate hatches that aren't lifted (SUVS)! I love my car but probably not the enthusiast most are, I bought it because it ticked all the boxes I wanted in an all around useful car, with a ton of features, that was also fun to drive. That being said, I have had SXTH Element intake sitting in my garage for over a month that I keep meaning to install. Maybe I should install it soon and post some pics and thoughts on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Member of all of them although I am not the most active poster I suppose. There is definitely not the following for our cars that there is for the Sport Sedan but the car is only a 1 year car in the US plus for some reason Americans hate hatches that aren't lifted (SUVS)! I love my car but probably not the enthusiast most are, I bought it because it ticked all the boxes I wanted in an all around useful car, with a ton of features, that was also fun to drive. That being said, I have had SXTH Element intake sitting in my garage for over a month that I keep meaning to install. Maybe I should install it soon and post some pics and thoughts on it.
Yeah, definitely not a lot of our cars out there. You should definitely put that intake on! (and do a write up, preferably in the GT forum ;-)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Already a member of that group but I feel something needs to be done with all the regular 'I bought a car' posts with photos of their stock GT.
Yeah its the same stuff but active posts will stay at the top so it helps. Not much I can do since people would likely be upset if I did anything lol.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
yeah, not a bad option for general stuff, but its not a good long term solution since there is no way to sort topics into various categories, etc. Also if the group owner loses interest its kind of done at that point. Its a bit of a limited platform in my view. I know you've probably put in a lot of effort into it and I am not knocking that. Hope you can get the folks in the FB group to get onto the GT forum also.
For the GD GT group we have nearly 3,500 members (although we let the majority of requests join) but only about 2,500 are active according to FB. Id say there are about 100 very active members who post weekly at minimum and its a lot more helpful than one might think! I understand if people dont want to join but I think everyone would find it at least worthwhile to join. Cross posting would only get old from those who might use both but the forums can be the archive.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Agree. I see no point of having multiple forums regarding the same topic. I see Miserab1e posted his mods there... what is the point if it is already HERE. Am I going to visit 30 different forums to see same or similar or 'hi, I am such and such and bought such and such car. say hi to me' post?
BTW you cannot value forum based on number of daily posts or active members. This is not bored housewife blog. No point of adding messages just for sake of message. There are tones of valuable info here already, particularly from Miserab1e regarding his mods. It will be better to organize these valuable posts into 'sticky' as guidance what and how to do it.
Do I care that somebody washed his car 5 times a day or drove from A to B doing 150km/h. NO. But I do care to see WHICH wax somebody used and why and what is average gas consumption of 1.6 in city/highway driving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agree. I see no point of having multiple forums regarding the same topic. I see Miserab1e posted his mods there... what is the point if it is already HERE. Am I going to visit 30 different forums to see same or similar or 'hi, I am such and such and bought such and such car. say hi to me' post?
BTW you cannot value forum based on number of daily posts or active members. This is not bored housewife blog. No point of adding messages just for sake of message. There are tones of valuable info here already, particularly from Miserab1e regarding his mods. It will be better to organize these valuable posts into 'sticky' as guidance what and how to do it.
Do I care that somebody washed his car 5 times a day or drove from A to B doing 150km/h. NO. But I do care to see WHICH wax somebody used and why and what is average gas consumption of 1.6 in city/highway driving.
the difference is that HERE is just a single sub-forum that covers all topics from the "hello, I bought this car" posts to the detailed mod discussions. Its hard to find info when its all just lumped together like that. A dedicated forum has many sub-forums that are geared towards specific topics. This will help you find what you are looking for without having to weed out things that you are not interested in. Do you really want to sort through thousands of posts trying to find out if someone has posted a write-up on their suspension swap, or would you rather go directly to the suspension sub-forum and have all the info readily available in one place?

Again, I know its kind of a pain if you are used to using a specific forum already, but its very easy to see that using the dedicated GT forum makes more sense for the benefit of everyone in the community.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a 2018 Elantra GT 2.0L, a forum for turbo's is not good for me.
I don't see why anyone with a non-turbo couldn't use the GT forum... I've participated on a 4Runner forum for years, where folks with a V6 and V8 share the same forum without issue (that forum doesn't separate V6 and V8 into different sub-forums). People just point out what motor they have if the topic is related to the engine.

Not sure why the creator of the GT forum specified it as turbo, but I don't think it precludes anyone from using it. The majority if topics are not really predicated on what engine you have. I still stand by my opinion that a dedicated forum is waaaay better than a single sub-forum with a mishmash of threads.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts