Hyundai Forums banner

Decided to follow the crowd

9K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jkim1978 
#1 ·
Here is the story. I didn't want to pay $300 for a lip and saw that some people used a simple 2006 sti lip instead. I didn't want the simple one and wanted something more aggressive. I went to the local rice store and picked up a $33 2006 sti lip but with fins on the side. plasti dipped the lip, made new holes and used the preexisting holes with some metal extenders and bam car looks a little more aggressive :D! so for $277 less, I say it was a pretty good investment.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks great!

#5 ·
Well there are 6 holes that came on the lip already. two in the front, two on the sides, and two that go inside the wheel well. The one of the wheel well ones were off so made new one there. The two in the front were too low when the lip is flush up in the front. so i drilled two newer ones in the very front. the two on the sides.. they were to far from the bottom of the sonata, they lip came with some two inch metal extenders and put them on the side to connect the lip on the side. I'll take more pictures in the morning before class. on EBAY i believe they are 53? I'm a college student at clemson so I figured 33 was as cheap as I was going to get.

#10 ·
Yeah man looks good, can't beat it for the price, looks alittle like that ez lip stuff but better, idk how I feel about the side lips, but hey it's not mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.