Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this body kit for the Elantra and I instantly thought Decepticons from Transformers! :D

Too flashy for my taste (although I kind of like the side-skirts) but it's cool to have an option like this and is even available for purchase.

Anyways, just wanted to share to my fellow MD-ers. :cool:

·
22,793 Posts
What's that pricing work out to in US $$? And shipping is probably cost prohibitive!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I actually dont mind this kit as an agressive change for a show car. I would think gamerguy would like it for his!!! :)

But I wouldnt mind the side skirts with tuix front lip.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
What's that pricing work out to in US $$? And shipping is probably cost prohibitive!
I think the cost above is in Korean, which isnt that bad actualy.

100,000 = 89 US

but as you mentioned... shipping would be killer.
~$1200 for the whole kit

·
Registered
34 Posts
The shipping by air is the more expensive method like $1,250.00 only for shipping.

I have asked the price only for the Rear Bumper and its cost unpainted is $395.00

If you choose shipping by Sea Freight its about $152.5 total of $547.5 (only for the rear bumper).

If you dont want to wait and want the Bodykit in couple of days, choose the Shipping by air that will cost $1,645.00 (only for the rear bumper)

If you want the front bumper + side skirts will be more than $2,000.00 !! Too much money i think for a bodykit.

All this shipping prices were made using my shipping address (Lima-Peru).

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys actually, I've asked HI-motors.com (where I found this from) and they're not that pricey with shipping.

I know the side wing I want is around $250 including shipping.

They have a ton of items for our Elantras!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Guys actually, I've asked HI-motors.com (where I found this from) and they're not that pricey with shipping.

I know the side wing I want is around $250 including shipping.

They have a ton of items for our Elantras!
wow. thats actually not too bad!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Email reply I received back from HI-Motors

Subject: RE: Pricing and shipping to Everett WA. USA

Dear Mr William,

Thanks for your inquiry.
The 3 items you asked all are unpainted.

HMD-BKM-04 , front bumper + day lights , USD 558
HMD-BKM-05 , side skirt, USD 172
HMD-BKM-06 , rear bumper, USD 386
DHL(USA), USD 1,472
Payment Method: T/T

Shipping charge depends on box volume,
And they are whole bumper, not lip type,
So it is a little expensive.

If you have further inquiry, please feel free to contact me.
Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

2013 Oversea Exhibition Schedule
USA Las Vegas SEMA NOV 4~7, Booth : 13004(Restyling @ car accessories)

Looks ike they will be in Vegas in a few months.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
wow. thats actually not as bad as I thought it would be for something this complex that includes LED fogs. Cant wait to see this on your car. you're going to be the talk of the town

·
22,793 Posts
wow. thats actually not as bad as I thought it would be for something this complex that includes LED fogs. Cant wait to see this on your car. you're going to be the talk of the town
As well as the Talk of the Forum, when it gets done.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

I like it a LOT, it looks like lambo...for coupe I will definitely buy it with no thoughts. However for sedan I will think before, because there is another good styling is available.....

·
Registered
2,295 Posts

I going to be there and making a point to hunt down their exhibit.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Stresstest, you really pulling the trigger on this one?! If so, I can't wait to see!

Yeah that price is actually pretty good since you're basically getting the full front and rear bumper along with side skirts and the DRLs.

You should ask them if you're also going to get the spoiler and if I were you since you will likely be the first one to get that kit here in the US, you will basically be an advertisement on wheels for them. Maybe you can get a huge discount!!!!

(This is the business man in me coming out. :D)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Stresstest, you really pulling the trigger on this one?! If so, I can't wait to see!

Yeah that price is actually pretty good since you're basically getting the full front and rear bumper along with side skirts and the DRLs.

You should ask them if you're also going to get the spoiler and if I were you since you will likely be the first one to get that kit here in the US, you will basically be an advertisement on wheels for them. Maybe you can get a huge discount!!!!

(This is the business man in me coming out. :D)

Way ahead of ya bro.

I have to wait till monday to get anything else from them. I am int he middle of a two-headed attack as it were working two different sources. I have email out to both to explore the sea freight. Turns out there is a weekly vessel out of Busan (S. Korea) to Seattle's terminal. I will get the shipping quote on Monday for that.

Here is what I know since we all share on this forum.

The ebay seller M s Wide Body Kit for 2011 2013 Elantra Avante MD | eBay

He gets

$1450.00 Parts
+ 599 Sea freignt with about 2 weeks travel time.
Total
$2049 total cost

Hi-Motors gets (see my email from them above)
$1116.00 parts
$1472.00 AIR
Total
$2588.00 total cost

So when Hi-Motors gets to me on Monday and they quote the sea freight I asked for it may be doable $ wise if they are 500 to 600 bucks which they should be

Then lets say it looks like this:

$1116.00 parts
$600.00 Sea
Total
$1716.00 total cost

My next step is to get with M&S directly since they have no presence here that I am aware of as-in authorized vendor or themselves for that matter (I may be wrong, someone keep me honest) , maybe they would be willing to work directly. We'll see. I'll cut that email tomorrow (Sunday)

Ultimately I would like to see the thing at my port for 1500ish.

Either way I will have to gas up the suburban to go pick this size stuff up, no way it will fit in the trunk of the E.

Then there is the part about getting the wheels, tires, TPMS sensors and coilovers...

Lets also not forget this is all unpainted... Its going to be a big project and will take some time but to answer your first, yes, I am serious about it.. lol, I can imagine 13 different ways Rich will respond to this...

·
Registered
821 Posts
well heck... I didn't wait till tomorrow... Email sent to M&S... hahah

I already have the OEM spoiler on there and that is bolted on. So if I went with a different one I would have some holes to deal with. Its nice and it tapped right in to the factory wiring to work the 3rd brake light LEDs on it. So I am pretty much stuck with it unless I want to pull out the bondo, sand paper and HVLP guns and go to work.....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts