Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed when hand waxing the car a few weeks ago that there was what appeared to be decal of sorts at the bottom of each of the rear doors. Not sure if it they have been removed or if it should be left alone, so I left them.

But now that the car is dirty again, the line around whatever they are is more noticeable (from the wax, maybe) and they look stupid. Does anyone know what they are and if they should be removed ----or not?

(Please see attachment).

Attachments

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Noticed when hand waxing the car a few weeks ago that there was what appeared to be decal of sorts at the bottom of each of the rear doors. Not sure if it they have been removed or if it should be left alone, so I left them.

But now that the car is dirty again, the line around whatever they are is more noticeable (from the wax, maybe) and they look stupid. Does anyone know what they are and if they should be removed ----or not?

(Please see attachment).
The trim around the seams of the door are protective for the door and whatever you open it into....ie...another car in a tight parking spot.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I guess it's yet another area (like the black rubber and plastic trim) that needs to be avoided when applying wax manually to the car?

At the time, I thought about doing just that, but unlike the plastic and rubber surfaces, this did not appear to be porous so no place for the wax to collect. Never thought about the edges showing up like that, though.

·
Registered
847 Posts
After waxing, get a soft toothbrush and go around the perimeter of each of these with it. It will probably be more noticeable on your vehicle even after doing that, because of the dark color, but they are definitely there for protection.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thank you, I'll try that. And I am so glad I decided to post here before trying to peel them away.:smile:

Would have been a very different post if I had done that.:surprise:

After waxing, get a soft toothbrush and go around the perimeter of each of these with it. It will probably be more noticeable on your vehicle even after doing that, because of the dark color, but they are definitely there for protection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts