Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata SEL Plus W/ Technology Package: Glowing Yellow :O
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all!

I'm new to the forum and am super happy with my 2020 Hyundai Sonata SEL Plus. I got the Tech package and the Bose speakers are incredible!!! I’m wondering if anyone has debadged the rear and seen if the Hyundai symbol has pegs or not when removing. If it does it’s totally cool and I’ll keep it, I was just planning for some big stuff later!

So far I’ve added:
-LED back turn signals(not on SEL)
-LED license Plate Lights
-Obviously remove dealer license covers for some bomb ones

Soon to add/on the way shipping:
-CF Side Skirts
-CF front Lip
-CF Side Mirrors
-CF Spoiler(Really a Lip)
-Blackout rear badging
-CF interior dash over piano blank(thank god that stuffs never clean)
-Black tint for side marker(idk how will look)

What I’m thinking of adding:
-CF front Splitter
-CF side skirt Splitters
-CF rear diffuse
***Playing off that I would love a quad/split on both side exhaust from the N-Line version and I’ve looked under the car and there is space available for the conversion. Only thing is rear bumper blocks outlet on other side. Main thing would be making sure the turbo is tuned for the swap although may not be necessary once someone sees how it turns out and is fine.

So some background:
-Owned 2008 Mazda RX8: installed an enormous 2x12 inch sub system that was incredible/ear numbing. Sonata has a freakin great Bose system even compared to that seriously wow (Loved RX-8 until rotary engine blew up on me)
-Owned 2004 Infiniti g35 Coupe: had Bose sound system that bumped and the Sonata one is even better!! (Awesome car but hit mileage I didn’t want, aka 130k: Was still totally stable engine wise but electronically and everything else ehhhhh.)

Other than all this I’m excited for the journey and look forward to see what y’all do! Also open to any suggestions and to see what you’ve done! :)

Happy to be on the forum and feel free to ask any questions!!! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
That color looks awesome! Where did you find carbon fiber parts? I’m trying to add and upgrade as I go. I’ll be excited to see how the cf stuff looks when you get it done. Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
@Chris why would you get a Sonata SEL, boring lifeless driving feel, from a G35 and RX8?

Did see some using plastidip on the symbols

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Stormy Sea)
381 Posts
I’m wondering if anyone has debadged the rear and seen if the Hyundai symbol has pegs or not when removing.
Not sure about alignment pegs but the trunk lid button is in the top half of the badge. I doubt you can remove just the badge without leaving either a hole or an odd shaped body-color button. If you take the inner trunk liner out, you can access the screws to remove that whole panel and investigate the back-side of the switch/emblem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep whole back part comes off as one piece then you can separate the bottom long strip of the led light. Hope that helps also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I pulled my liner and it looked like a pain to remove anything further. Did you see of the rear emblem had pegs?

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Stormy Sea)
381 Posts
I pulled my liner and it looked like a pain to remove anything further. Did you see of the rear emblem had pegs?
Yep whole back part comes off as one piece then you can separate the bottom long strip of the led light. Hope that helps also.
View attachment 450593

Joeys photo looks like the emblem is secured with 3 screws and two pegs. Also looks like the button is part of the emblem and the whole thing is set into a sunken oval shape.
So, likely not to be flat once you get the emblem off and will have a rather large hole and 5 small holes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, it's probably not worth doing at all. I'm into it now just to see how it works - the engineer side of me I guess.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus
126 Posts
So what about the Sonata name in rear under badge. Stick in, clips, pegs... How tough to remove?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The sonata was super easy to remove. Heated them up with hair dryer, slipped fishing line behind the letter (dental floss works too), seesawed back and forth. Used thumbnail to remove excess residue, then wiped with "good off". Rinse and repeat for each remaining letter. Clean as can be.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did you re-paint those chrome HYUNDAI letters on the rear with black spray paint, or did you buy the black lettering already painted ?

I guess if you painted them yourself, they needed to be removed first (which would ruin the double sided tape on the rear of the emblems / letters).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts