Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting to debadge the rear on my 2011 Sonata finally just did it, looks much cleaner! Used a heatgun and fishing string, came clean off. I was worried about it leaving the outline of the letters, but just buffed it out and can't even tell it was there close up. Very happy with the turn out, took about 15 minutes tops!

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I want to remove the "H" as we'll, but heard there may be 2 holes in the lid underneath the H it for alignment issues.... Idk

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Holes are not the problem; the current, stock badge sits in a recess stamped into the trunk lid. There are lots of different replacement badges available-- but for a clean smooth look, you'd need some body and paint work.

I replaced my rear H badge, the 4 wheel caps, and the steering wheel badge. and have an unmarked grill.

I am amazed at the number of people who ask me "What kind of car is that?" -- I mean like, it is the third year this model has been around.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah there's a couple different things I wanna do to mine... So just to clarify there ARE like 2 small holes in the rear "H" trunk lid logo.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Neil gotcha, thank you. Didn't want to take it off and be stuck with the holes visible.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks, it was a slow day so I brought her in in the am and did it up in one day, scotch is currency in my shop! I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out.. also painted the fins on the stock grille one day, too much chrome before ^_^

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
chrome...

Thanks, it was a slow day so I brought her in in the am and did it up in one day, scotch is currency in my shop! I'm extremely happy with the way it turned out.. also painted the fins on the stock grille one day, too much chrome before ^_^
I love how your color becomes chrome, and then not. The grill looks great, as does the rest of your car! Nice job Neil.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts