Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anyone remove their rear emblems?

I'm curious whether they are just stuck / glued on a flat surface? Or are there any holes in the panels used for alignment etc.

I.e. if I wanted to debadge, will there be any exposed open holes in the body panel?

Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know the procedure, just not sure whether the Hyundai logo has alignment holes or not.

If you're talking about the Hyundai logo itself on the rear...there are almost always holes that you'll need to patch if you want to de-badge completely.

I don't think anyone has done it for the 2019 TM model but I know the DM model has holes. Most people just remove the lower logos like 'Santa Fe'. Some re-badge the main Hyundai logo with something else. But not full de-badge because of the holes.

Something like the Eagle Logos:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-3D-Eagle-Chrome-Emblem-Badge-Set-for-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-TM-2019-2020/113570903763?hash=item1a715a76d3:g:y04AAOSw651cQYIw&frcectupt=true

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the procedure, just not sure whether the Hyundai logo has alignment holes or not.

If you're talking about the Hyundai logo itself on the rear...there are almost always holes that you'll need to patch if you want to de-badge completely.

I don't think anyone has done it for the 2019 TM model but I know the DM model has holes. Most people just remove the lower logos like 'Santa Fe'. Some re-badge the main Hyundai logo with something else. But not full de-badge because of the holes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-3D-Eagle-Chrome-Emblem-Badge-Set-for-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-TM-2019-2020/113570903763?hash=item1a715a76d3:g:y04AAOSw651cQYIw&frcectupt=true
I'm new to the Hyundai world. What are the Eagles all about?

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm new to the Hyundai world. What are the Eagles all about?

I had Kia Optima before and a lot of Korean uses different badges and symbols, it’s really preference that’s all. I’ve seen most common Eagle, Concepto, Flying K which a lot of Kia Optima uses, Brenton which are well known too. Currently I have Concepto on 14 SF and I still have no idea what it means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm assuming you popped off the rear emblem to plastidip? Would love a rundown of how you did it and tips/tricks. TIA[/QUOTE]

Nope. Just tape off a rectangle around it and paint directly on and around. You paint directly on the body and after dry time it peels rights off and cleanly around the badge. If done this on several cars and had my 10yo do this one. It’s that simple. Best advice is a light first 2 layers, spray evenly, and the more layers the easier it is to peel off around it. Some good you tube vids out by ‘dip your car’

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,415 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts

Seems expensive. $50+ for a couple badges? Wonder if it’s decent quality.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm assuming you popped off the rear emblem to plastidip? Would love a rundown of how you did it and tips/tricks. TIA
Nope. Just tape off a rectangle around it and paint directly on and around. You paint directly on the body and after dry time it peels rights off and cleanly around the badge. If done this on several cars and had my 10yo do this one. It’s that simple. Best advice is a light first 2 layers, spray evenly, and the more layers the easier it is to peel off around it. Some good you tube vids out by ‘dip your car’
[/QUOTE]

I am having this done to mine this week. Can you tell me if this is something I will have to do every year or is the plastidip supposed to stay on for years?

·
Registered
2019 Ultimate 2.0t AWD
138 Posts
I just finally came around to viewing how to plasti dip videos on youtube and I think I'm going to attempt to do it someday rather than paying $$$ for wrap. I'm talking emblems, chrome window trim, anything that has chrome or silver to it.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
450 Posts
I would rather spend the free time and money for beers since the change is too insignificant to be notice.
🍺🍻🍺🍻 Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just finally came around to viewing how to plasti dip videos on youtube and I think I'm going to attempt to do it someday rather than paying $$$ for wrap. I'm talking emblems, chrome window trim, anything that has chrome or silver to it.
Would love to see pics once done!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am having this done to mine this week. Can you tell me if this is something I will have to do every year or is the plastidip supposed to stay on for years?
[/QUOTE]
Did it in a different car, lasted the three years I had it. Handwashed car and didn’t scrub hard around it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts