Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are buying a 2014 SF limited with captain chairs and the whole enchilada. CPO

Model-Santa Fe limited with limited technology package
Miles- 53,000

The dealership is offering a 10 year 120k mile bumper to bumper for an extra $2437

What are people’s thoughts on the bumper to bumper for that price?

The wife and I are expecting our 1st kid Super Bowl Sunday, so it’s right around the corner.

Some of me is like I don’t need it, then some of me is like it’s peace of mind for the next few years.

Please help.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
So, they are not selling a certified car where the original power train warranty would apply, ie: 10 years. As teh second owner you are getting the reduced power train coverage thus they want to push the extended warranty.

Sorry, $2,400 wow!!!!!!!!!! Is it a Hyundai warranty or a third party? Third party warranties, IMO, are not worth the paper they are printed on. Only a manufacturer warranty is acceptable but that is a lot of $$$$ is that 10 additional years or 10 years from the original date of service? That is 2028 or 2024? If 2024 only a 5 year extension

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I’m getting the 10 year powertrain warranty, what they are offering me is the bumper to bumper which ends at 60k miles.

Good point in is it 2024 or 2028, I will ask that.

It’s a certified Hyundai, they’re just pushing for the bumper to bumper since that is done in about 8k miles.
It would be a Hyundai warranty, not the Easycare warranty

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We ended up turning it down. We do have a the CPO warranty which works for us.

53k miles
Fully loaded
CPO
Getting it delivered about an hour away from our house tomorrow.

the wife is very excited, I’m pretty excited about the pano roof and ventilated front seats. The captain seats are just going to be amazing, but doubt I’ll be in those to often. lol

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The CPO is for 100K... what would not be covered ? Buying CPO is just buying an extended warranty for 100K, but the factory mechanic has to check it over to make sure what they are convering is good. So what would an extra one be for ?

Glad you turned it down.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The comprehensive warranty. Sunroof, nav, window switches, etc.

Didn’t really see any issue while searching around. So we said nope.

Happy with that decision so far. But I guess we will see, lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks.

Well they tossed me a curveball this morning. Would lower comprehensive to $1737 for the 10 Years 120m (from date of first purchase.)

It would be for Hyundai one, not Easycare.

Still $100 deductible if we use it.

The only reason I’m thinking about it, is because the
-nav unit crapping our (has more then nav)
-sunroof just losing it
-heated seats and ventilated
-park sensors

Still not sold on it, but the wife is thinking about it more now to be honest.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Look at it this way Auto, Home, Life, Mortgage, Health insurance and other miscellaneous ones such as extended warranties are a pain to buy but when you need them they are lifesavers when you consider the out of pocket expense you would incur if you hadn't had them, pay me now or pay me later the choice is yours.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
As I mentioned to you privately....Read the fine print about what is covered, whether they use new or used parts as the vehicle ages, etc....Items like the sunroof glass, if you are concerned about it shattering, are typically NOT covered items. Also read and see what they consider as "wear items." Some contracts will not cover items like engine bearings or oil consumption issues due because they consider them as wear through use and not a defect.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Think of it this way: what are the odds of needing at least $1,800 in repairs for 47K miles of coverage? And dinged a $100 deductible for each visit. The powertrain already covers the most expensive failure.

If you can afford to write a $1,700 check, skip the warranty. You are writing an insurance check for peace of mind. An exploding sunroof is likely something that could fall under glass or comprehensive auto insurance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well we took it.

1700, $0 deductible and its until 120k miles. So it’s worth it to us.

Replacements are Hyundai parts and remanufactured parts.

Covers just about everything except interior body panels and a few other little things.

in 2015 the radio was swapped and that alone cost $2300, and that was for a faulty CD player. So when we saw that, we were happy to have gotten it. lol

·
Registered
977 Posts
Congrats , now start saving and get ready to do some modding to your XL

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, already looking at a few things. 50% tint upfront, rain guards, hid fog lights.
Undecided on if we are going to get runners or not. I saw yours Dino, but I’d like to see them in a darker color Santa Fe.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yeah, already looking at a few things. 50% tint upfront, rain guards, hid fog lights.
Undecided on if we are going to get runners or not. I saw yours Dino, but I’d like to see them in a darker color Santa Fe.

Didn’t realize you saw my ride lol, nice list of mods you got there and can’t wait to see what you else you will do to your ride. GL and Happy Modding

1 - 15 of 15 Posts