Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are buying a 2014 SF limited with captain chairs and the whole enchilada. CPO

Model-Santa Fe limited with limited technology package
Miles- 53,000

The dealership is offering a 10 year 120k mile bumper to bumper for an extra $2437
It already has the 10 year 100k power train.

What are people’s thoughts on the bumper to bumper for that price?

The wife and I are expecting our 1st kid Super Bowl Sunday, so it’s right around the corner.

Some of me is like I don’t need it, then some of me is like it’s peace of mind for the next few years.

Please help.

Thanks

Posted in the LWB forum but needed more eyes on it, since I will be taking delivery tomorrow.

·
Registered
403 Posts
You should already have the extended warranty on engine due to the engine-gate (to 120k miles). There aren't really any common transmission issues that have been reported and you're still going to pay for things like maintenance (oil, coolant, brakes), tires... etc. Chances are if it has original Kumho's, you'll be changing them soon since they don't last. Save your money. ~$2.5k would pay for basic maintenance over that time period that you'd have to spend anyway. Funny thing with warranty claims is they can still be denied for one reason or another.

What's the service record like of the one you're buying? Granted I have a 2013 YF with 60k and try to do as much maintenance as I'm comfortable with, but the only times I've been to the dealer has been for recalls and tire rotation/balance. The engine issue is probably the biggest ticking timebomb but just make sure yours is covered in the extended engine coverage.

Congrats on your 1st kid. When my second came along it was time for a Santa Fe.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m calling now to get the service records, and I am getting the powertrain warranty since it’s a certified Hyundai, not sure if it’s 120k or 100k. I have the LWB coming tomorrow, not sure if I’m part of the engine gate, I don’t believe I am.

I need to find out if it’s 10 Years from original service date, or if it’s from date I purchase it. So. 2024 or 2028 if I get the new bumper to bumper.

Thanks.
We have two dogs and one kid on the way, she wanted more space because of the dogs. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sheesh, I have 4 young kids and XL is a must for our family lol. Also agreed with kpanasew, don’t waste your money and save it for your first baby as you guys will need that more than the extended warranty imo. I’d say go for it and congrats on the baby btw. Good luck and hope it goes well and yeah go Pats

Reactions: Basshound

·
Registered
155 Posts
I thought 2nd owner doesn't get the 10/100, only 60k even as a CPO. I had to pay the extra to get my 14 SFS 2.0T to the 10/100, it was negotiated to $1500. You should try to haggle that down, can't hurt. Good luck, congrats on the 1st kiddo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
CPO gets the full powertrain warranty...non-certified bumps it down to the 5/60. They're always a whichever-comes-first, though, so at this point the odometer will be your determiner most likely, instead of the years. Ask to see the full service contract (extended warranty) before deciding. Probably best to pass on it, especially if it has a high deductible or limited $ coverage for various reasons. You can always try to get them to accept less money for it if you really want it. Markup is usually double so they have room, and it's back-end profit for them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We skipped on the comprehensive warranty. Take delivery tomorrow for it. Can’t wait for it to join the family.

And yes it like 71 said, CPO, gets full power train warranty to 100k miles.

Can’t wait to slow mod this bad boy for her. lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
*Update
We bought it, better to have it and not need then not have it and need.

Update for this morning before transport.

Well they tossed me a curveball this morning. Would lower comprehensive to $1737 for the 10 Years 120m (from date of first purchase.)

The only reason I’m thinking about it, is because the
-nav unit crapping our (has more then nav)
-sunroof just losing it
-heated seats and ventilated
-park sensors

It would be for Hyundai one, not Easycare.

$0 deductible

Still not sold on it, but the wife is thinking about it more now to be honest.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since ownership

Door handle crapped out. Cost $400
Fuel injector cylinder 5 crapped out (rental from Friday to Monday morning. Cost $800

So far it’s paying for it self in the first year.

$0 deductible

1 - 10 of 10 Posts