Hyundai Forums banner

301 - 320 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Eckert Hyundai in Denton, TX. I just purchased my 2014 Sonata from them a week ago. It was the most pleasant, no pressure car buying experience I have ever had. I got the car I wanted with the options I wanted at a price I found very fair, with no pressure and no haggling. None of that, "Let me go take this to my sales manager" nonsense. Nada - none of the typical games - so refreshing. This is a family owned business and they treat you like family. Highly recommend if you are looking for a car (used or new)!! Thank you Ryan Barham!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I've also dealt with Eckert and I agree it is a great dealership. Takes care of you.

Eckert Hyundai in Denton, TX. I just purchased my 2014 Sonata from them a week ago. It was the most pleasant, no pressure car buying experience I have ever had. I got the car I wanted with the options I wanted at a price I found very fair, with no pressure and no haggling. None of that, "Let me go take this to my sales manager" nonsense. Nada - none of the typical games - so refreshing. This is a family owned business and they treat you like family. Highly recommend if you are looking for a car (used or new)!! Thank you Ryan Barham!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Brad Benson Hyundai

I just turned in my 2011 Sonata SE turbo for a new lease on a 2014 Limited turbo with the tech pks. I didn't lease it from the dealer that I originally went to because they are a bunch of crooks and they clearly are not interested in customer retention. The dealer that I would urge everyone to stay away from is HUDSON HYUNDAI IN JERSEY CITY NJ. Some people will say don't believe all the negative reviews you see on the internet, In this case I agree with every one of them.

Since HUDSON HYUNDAI IN JERSEY CITY (5 minutes from my home) was not interested in selling me a car at a price fair for both parties i took my business an hour away to BRAD BENSON HYUNDAI IN SOUTH BRUNSWICK NJ. This was the smartest decision that I've made in a long time. I wish I had the sense to go there when I leased my first Hyundai. From the minute I walked in the door and was greeted to the minute I drove away in my new car it was a terrific experience. Who knew buying a car could actually be so easy and enjoyable.
My salesman was Anthony Cassiere was friendly, knowledgeable, fair and efficient. If anyone is in the market for a new or used Hyundai, do yourself a favor and check out Brad Benson Hyundai. You will be glad that you did.
I also had a pleasurable experience with the business manager. Signing final documents has never been so simple. He offered me the extended service plan but did not pressure me at all when I declined. He was also fast and efficient in processing all of my documents so I didn't have to be at the dealership any longer than necessary. Over all a perfect 10 in my book.

Keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Tale of 2 dealerships

I started leasing in 2011, before then I bought used cars (Toyotas). After my last used car - the Camry from **** - I decided to try a brand new car. I leased an Elantra GLS at Coconut Creek, FL Hyundai. The salesperson, Mazen, was great. He called me when an Elantra arrived in my preferred color (light blue) and even gave me a "free" cable for my ipod.

Three years later, I returned to Coconut Creek. I rode the Elantra 2014 but didn't like the steering in any mode. I was given a good lease price but felt pressured - the old line "we can't promise you this price after tonight". This had not occurred when I leased with them earlier. I ended up leaving and going to another Hyundai dealer the next day.

Joe at King Hyundai in Deerfield Beach, FL was very easy to work with. I tested the Elantra again and still didn't like it. I then drove the Sonata and was sold. Joe even arranged for me to have a Sonata to drive for an hour or two so that I was sure I liked it. I ended up leasing a Sonata GLS for less money down than the Elantra and a monthly payment only $10 more than what I paid previously.

I think Coconut Creek has a better facility. King Hyundai keeps their cars outside while Coconut Creek has a garage. Both are part of the King Automotive Group.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just purchased an 2013 Hyundai Sonata Limited (no tech) in Pacific Blue on Monday of this week. Since I am a patient buyer, I have been searching for months. I started looking at the Veloster, which I love the look, but not the lack of room in the back seat. Considered an Elantra as well, but just not for me.

After bad treatment, and over aggressive sale reps at a few dealers, I just happened by Holler Hyundai in Orlando on the way back from a job. Rushed in with little time for shopping and just asked if I could sit in a Sonata to test the comfort (bad back issues).

Wow! I was really impressed with the room and comfort. The sales person, Nancy D. explained that Holler puts their best price on the window sticker, but this includes some rebates that I did not qualify for. Still, the price was the best of all of the dealers I had visited. I left and did some extensive Internet searches for dealers in Central Florida and could not find a better deal anywhere.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just turned in my 2011 Sonata Lease for a 2014. I emailed just about every local dealership with help looking for the color, options, and pricing I was interested in. Got some run around, got snubbed by a few, but only one actually read and understood my request. that was Walter at Headquarter Hyundai in Sanford, FL.

He even went so far as to pull the car I was interested in from the lot and set it aside on just the hint that I would come in. Other dealers kept pestering me about setting appointments, or wanting to know what offers other dealers were quoting me.

I was in contact with Universal Hyundai, Orlando Hyundai, and Hyundai of Deland. Universal was bold enough to tell me that there was no way any local dealer would give me the deal I ended up with from HQH.

So, I recommend either emailing Walter in the internet sales dept, or asking for Nick N if you walk in the door. Both were superb.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Service Sucks

Recently purchased a 2013 Sonata SE from Seattle Hyundai through the Costco member auto purchase program. The buying experience was painless however subsequent service experience has been painful. A TPMS sensor failed and was replaced under warranty. In the process the tech marred the wheel. The gas fill door was also misaligned. Took the car back for wheel painting and door alignment. They provided a loaner car. One week later I called to find out what was taking so long. They explained that they had to send the wheel out for painting. Finally they called to say the car was ready. When I showed up to retrieve my car I discovered that the wheel had not been put back on the car. They explained that the tech had locked the lug nuts in his tool box and it was his day off. At my suggestion they removed lug nuts from another car and got the wheel mounted. They also stated that the gas fill door was within specification even though there was a gap of at least three millimeters when the door was closed. I had provided them with a technical service bulletin addressing this issue. Needless to say I will not be taking my Sonata back to Seattle Hyundai anytime soon for service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm going to post my experience because my dealer made me feel good today.

Northtown World Auto Center, specifically Northtown Kia, in Amherst, NY is where I got my 2011 Sonata SE. I went in originally looking at an Optima, but they didn't have any I particularly liked. Asked if I wanted to try a 2012 Sonata GLS. Drove it and it was "ok" in my book. Went back in and said I'd be back if I didn't find anything somewhere else.

Said he'd get me into a loaded '11 SE for the same price he was offering the '12 GLS. Gave it a test drive and I knew I loved it. Nav, sunroof, push button ignition...I like those things. Played it cool and asked him to lower the price because the bumper cover needed repair and there were some other very minor things I tried using to my advantage. Said he wouldn't come down to my price so I got up to leave. Told me to hang on and gave me the price I wanted. Great car buying transaction.

Told me I could drop it off on April 1st to have the bumper looked at and the seatbelt replaced under warranty.

Dropped it off on 4/1, shuttled to work and come back after...they didn't even look at the car and didn't call me. Put me up in a rental Chrysler 200. Call a few times over the week, they say they are waiting on parts...had to order a new bumper...seatbelt is backordered.

Finally last night I was a few bourbon's in and sent out a tweet expressing my dissatisfaction that they have now had the car almost as long as I've owned it. This morning I get a call from the manager apologizing profusely. Said it will be ready today. Fixed everything, got his glass guy in to fix a stone chip in the windshield, filled the gas tank, detailed the car very nicely...and then said he would cut me a check for my first payment!!

Dropped it off at my work and took back the rental and I'm a very happy camper for how they made up for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beware of any Antwerpen Hyundai

Beware of any Antwerpen Hyundai dealerships, Baltimore, Catonsville, Clarksville Maryland. Without going into the gory details I strongly recommend that you stay away from this dealer. The sales managers are very forgetful of verbal promises and the service departments are staffed with barley trained personnel. I became a Hyundai owner in 2006 and replace my vehicles every 14 months +/-. Antwerpen Hyundai has been by far the worst dealer so far. I am not basing this review on one experience. Numerous staff are just plain liars. The problem is at the dealership upper management level. Shop around you can and will do better at other Hyundai dealerships like Fairfax Hyundai of Fairfax, VA, Pohanka Hyundai of Salisbury, MD and Ideal Hyundai of Frederick, MD.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My "new" 2011 Sonata

I'm now the proud owner of a 2011 Hyundai Sonata that I purchased through Enterprise rental. I had recently rented a car from these folks in Fort Smith, AR and was really pleased with them. I've been renting cars from Enterprise for over twenty years since they always seem to have the best prices and I have always found them pleasant to deal with.

So, when the fellow at the desk told me about a "deal" they had last year that allowed me to trade in my previous vehicle (a 2005 Ford F-150) for a thousand bucks OVER blue book and give me a deal on ANY car from them for a discount amounting to another thousand bucks off of the blue book price on one of THEIR vehicles I thought about it. I've been carrying toys around in that F-150 for about seven years and the gas mileage is so bad that I hardly went anywhere any longer.

So far the Sonata that I found on their site has been really GREAT. I would say that it is one of the best cars I have EVER had the pleasure of owning AND driving. So I found this site and signed up. Who the heck knows what will come up in the future, but I figured YOU guys would probably know WAY before I found out. So here I am waiting impatiently for the "summer weather" here where the dew point reaches into the low seventies all summer long and air conditioning is something that we don't take lightly. I've found that I fill the tank with fuel about half as often as I did with the Ford truck (is ANYONE surprised?). So starting with that I'm a happy customer. The only "trips" I've taken is the 60 miles up to Fayetteville were my younger son is in school. We are BOTH impressed with the amount of room in the trunk in this vehicle as well as the comfort and fun of the drive now.

Thanks, Hyundai for making a car that "fits" me.

NT

·
Registered
920 Posts
anyone living in new york city have a hyundai dealership service center they recommend?
I can say plaza hyundai service isnt great. The few times I have been there. Been told what should an hour service took 3 hours. One day I was there 8 hours. I have also heard via a forum member here that potamkin hyundai in the city is slow. And another member saying LIC Hyundai is just horrible they dont have a clue as to what they are doing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm in manhattan, my dealer is Nemet Hyundai located in Jamaica Queens. I haven't heard any reviews from their service center so I am skeptical, however I requested for some splash guards when I purchased my sonata and it's already been 1 month and no call back as to when it will arrive.
Right now cuz of my poor MPG (still 16 mpg combined) I want to find a reliable place to change my oil and run a diagnostic on my car to see if there's any issues once I reach 1,000 miles on my odometer.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I'm in manhattan, my dealer is Nemet Hyundai located in Jamaica Queens. I haven't heard any reviews from their service center so I am skeptical, however I requested for some splash guards when I purchased my sonata and it's already been 1 month and no call back as to when it will arrive.
Right now cuz of my poor MPG (still 16 mpg combined) I want to find a reliable place to change my oil and run a diagnostic on my car to see if there's any issues once I reach 1,000 miles on my odometer.
16 isn't bad. It's great to me. I live in brooklyn and get only 13mpg. Of course far from what one expects from the car. As for your splash guards I would contact management. The dealer probably didnt order them or something. Happen to me when I bought my car took me 2 months to get my second sets of keys. After contacting management they fixed it. I'm going to say dealers won't give away parts even if there part of a deal they want more money

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, I went to the Hyundai dealership on 104th in Colorado, it was the Go Autonation Hyundai dealerships. I was just looking for a used vehicle since my credit union only approved me for a 20000 dollar loan at 4.49% interest rate for a used vehicle. I was looking at some used Sonatas and I was going to buy a 2013 Sonata but after taxes and fees it was going to be over my 20000 loan I was approved for. The sales person said he could get me in a new sonata for a bit over the loan amount, I was a bit apprehensive since I thought that he was going to run my credit more than I want and get me a worse interest rate than I want to have, instead he talked to my credit union and got me the amount I needed at the same interest rate. I was surprised because I used to work in a parts department for a used car dealership and the sales people there want to sale used cars because the commission is a lot higher for them and the company. So helping me get a brand new car for the interest rate that I want was great, no pressure and it was pretty hassle free. So all in all I'm happy so far we will see what happens next but I'm loving my new car so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice to hear people talk nicely about their experience with their dealer. I wish I could say the same. I used to have a fairly old car, then a truck.But i needed a change to reduce the cost of gas. I thought getting a brand new car would save me from costly maintenance and visits to the workshop, but no. Every time I went to Pacifico in Philadelphia, even for a oil change, they have to come up with whatever else that needed fixing in a then brand new car, still less than 30,000 miles as I write this. I simply stopped going there. I hope I never have to go there again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my 2012 Sonata at Bob Mayberry Hyundai in Monroe, NC and I LOVE them!! They are top notch from the sale to the service!! I even took my daughter there to buy a used car from them and they were just as awesome with her used car purchase as they were with my brand new car purchase.

·
Registered
34 Posts
purchased a car from Friendship Hyundai in Johnson city, Tn. 2011 Sonata the service has been ok but on more than one occasion the service representatives have been somewhat rude.Fast forward to this past Friday, the clear coat has started to delaminate from my front bumper which the service tech said wouldn't be covered. so I go to a bodyshop and the owner there said that clear coat is not suppose to separate from color coat under any condition. He had stated he has had to repaint a few sonata bumpers for this reason to speak with someone higher up about solving the problem. So I call Hyundai back and the service guy basically calls me a liar, that the body shop owner was lying to me. keep in mind this body shop has been in business over 40 years and is always highly rated. anyway I am suppose to talk with the service manager tomorrow and if no satisfaction there, the regional service manager.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I will update this situation as it continued to unfold. Took my car into Universal Hyundai in Orlando for a couple of issues that turned into a nightmare so far. The issues themselves were taken care of. Two issues that were covered under the power train warranty with known TSB's to document issues (Waste gate adjustments and an oil/temp sensor in transmission). When I received the car back, I noticed a small dent/scratch in the rear bumper that was not there before. Around 1.5-2" in size, so not huge, but the plastic was dented and after a rather long back and forth with the service manager (name withheld) they agreed to fix the car, get me a loaner. When I went to pickup the car today after they repair the rear bumper (by repainting it) there are now two new dents in the drivers side door frame area. It appears a tool or something (perhaps seat belt) was left in there as they closed the door and dented scratched it. This was after already complaining to the VP of Parts and Service at this dealership about the condition in which the car was returned to me and the rather snarky attitude of the Service Manager. So now I need to make another appointment to have them fix dents and respray the inner door frame.

The VP has been accommodating and the service advisor was great, but I am frustrated that these errors have happened. Accidents happen and they are taking care of the problem, just really sucks to deal with the inconvenience of it all.

301 - 320 of 369 Posts