Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am hoping to get a certain list of 2011 Sonata options, but several years ago our Dealer in SE Wisconsin said that you cannot "order" a unit ---- just get what they are allocated. Is that true? :thumbsup:

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
As far I know- what used to be a right of ordering a car in the past, checking off a list of options you wanted, isn't really "allowed" nowadays. You can pick if you want GLS, SE, or Limited and then a limited range of differences on those models (navi, non-navi). Or they can check the surrounding dealerships and have cars sort of transferred to them to sell to you. Sending in the exact specs to the manufacturer and getting the exact options you want straight from Hyundai just isn't feasible anymore

·
Registered
203 Posts
I ordered mine...well sort of..
I told the dealer exactly what I wanted. He went on the internet and it showed a list of cars in the build phase and the "projected" delivery date. We found the one I wanted and reserved it. It took about a month longer to arrive than the website said, but they gave me a loaner...
I am glad I waited... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (petesmith @ Aug 30 2010, 12:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352999
Hi,

I am hoping to get a certain list of 2011 Sonata options, but several years ago our Dealer in SE Wisconsin said that you cannot "order" a unit ---- just get what they are allocated. Is that true? :thumbsup:
The days of picking and choosing exactly which options you want are mostly over unless you're talking about high end luxury brands.

Your best bet is to go to the website of the car you're looking at and see how it can be built. If you cant build it the way you want it, you wont be able to order it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wanted a certain exterior/interior color combination which was available at a different dealership. So I asked them if they could transfer to my dealership and the salesman mentioned that I will not be able to negotiate on the price since they would have to buy it from that distant dealer and then sell it to me. Instead they were willing to give me extraordinary discounts on the cars they already had in stock.
Your best bet is to go to the dealer who has these options on the car you need and buy it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Dealers tend to want to sell what is on their lot before they have to pay to have a car from another dealer brought in. If you insist however, they will usually find the car for you, unless the dealer has a "no trade" policy. As stated above, really the only time you can have a car built "to your specs" are to take "European Delivery" of a luxury car. Sometimes you can even get colors and options that are not available on the US spec cars.

Would be pretty cool if you could get a Sonata exactly the way one wants. Maybe tour the factory and road trip it home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts