Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Had my iload van serviced at Lakeside Hyundai in Ravenhall Victoria. They picked my van up by the sills and the rubber pads on hoist have squashed and dragged body deadener and paint from edge of sills had to wait a week to talk to service manager after I showed the assistant and he even agreed it was fresh damage. The service manager has refused to fix correctly and went as far as to imply I set this up. Wondering if anyone else has had this treatment.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I guess this is the first time they have serviced it? Or have you had it from new and always used a Hyundai dealer? Yes I have had a couple of instances over the decades (not Hyundai) but it's going to be on the Dealership. Dealers do after all charge the highest prices to have an apprentice working on the car

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Van had been there 3 times 1 time just to check and this is the first time they used a 2 post hoist I always check as it was damaged that way the day I bought it new biggest insult is service manager implied I set it up

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Van had been there 3 times 1 time just to check and this is the first time they used a 2 post hoist I always check as it was damaged that way the day I bought it new biggest insult is service manager implied I set it up
I think putting it in writing to the dealer principle if you are an ongoing customer. Yeah, I get where you're coming from. I tend to flare up so not great giving advice on this but talking the manager seems to be a lost cause and likely no one else there knows what this guy is saying. Not exactly the right way to build a customer base. Last time I had an issue it was the paint taken off on a gearbox replacement in the engine bay. I made them touch it up and they did. trickier though was the cv boot leaking which had been dropped and stretched the banding but they fixed that too. That was Mitsubishi dealer in newcastle but they were pretty good and had a massive coverage of every brand you could think of.I've had bolts stripped out in suspension because the techs were clueless at fault finding .

I think to accuse someone of a setup is brainless. Yeah, sure , mate I've always wanted some deadening touched up so I decided to pay ypur ripoff prices just to get you to do it? just ranting.

I'd saty calm and write an overly polite letter stating your case and request they touch it up, maybe also include Hyundai Australia. What else can you do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts