Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2008 Sonata for service to the dealer as the dealer quoted a really low price around $700 to replace all the shocks and struts on the car at 92K which was extremely lower than everyone else.

Naturally after dropping off the car a call came from the service department on price issue which should of been like $1700 at which point I would gone else where. After a week of talking to the manager of dealership here in DFW (which is one of the larger dealer groups in the metro Plex) they honored the $700 price as the service rep forgot to included labor (not sure how he could forget) (seems) that one person going to have a low pay check for the mess up. Also turns out as the car was being fixed they needed additional parts and had to keep the car for two extra days. As to all pricing issues got a complete car detailing which I could use being the car is eight years old I am the original owner.

The dealer has retained a returning customer.

·
Registered
882 Posts
sounds great, but would they change the 4 strut mounts and bellows? They can fail also. And if they found the coil springs are rusted or break they will suggest you to replace the springs.

I've seen stupid mechanics in Hyundai don't preload the wheels before tightening the lower control arm bushing bolt. The rubber bushings may stripped after few days and then you feel clunking, then they tell you you need lower control arms and quoted you another $700

Just make sure that they will change strut mounts also, and preload before tightening the bushing bolts, then it will be fine

·
Registered
941 Posts
They probably outsourced the parts to an aftermarket parts store to save their bacon a little bit versus the cost of oem parts.. $200 for a set of loaded front struts and $80 for rear shocks @ wholesale cost, they still made a few hundred in labor. They'll be ok. Nobody is going home hungry. Even with OEM parts they rip off enough of other people to take a hit.

Honestly I'm surprised they honored it.. all they had to say "yeah that was the quote given for the cost of the parts, that did not include labor" and that's it, they're basically covered. If they didn't tell you the $700 was for parts and labor then you couldn't assume that it was for both, and it's your fault for not asking... a miscommunication that they could have written off as 'yeah sorry but that wasn't with labor included'.

Glad you got a deal on it though... $1700 would have been insane to pay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts