Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I’m negotiating on a 2020 Limited at a dealer now and they are offering me this Allstate Paint Protection Package original price $1495, my price $695...

Allstate Paint Protection

Curious of your thoughts... here are mine... We do have some trees in front of our home and they put sap on the cars, and it appears it covers the sap removal, I do spend a couple hours every year removing that sap.... I am still deciding I may actually call in and try to learn more. Since Allstate owns this product maybe its decent, heck they own squaretrade and I like there stuff.

Just curious if anyone else bought and used these types of plans????? My wife’s car recently came with an Autobutler product and i’ve been quite pleased with it because in there case they RECLEAN the car every 6 months with a 5hr detail (and with kids, thats a blessing to have someone spend 5hrs cleaning it)

Thanks
Brian in Chicago

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just bought a 2021 and love the car and intend to keep for a while. I actually bought a full boat mechanical plan due to the fact that the infotainment system is only warranted for three years and it really expensive to replace. Our cars are garaged and we address any tree droppings very quickly for us.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Just like any other insurance, have to weigh the pros and cons to see if it is worth the $ to you. I have never had major interior or exterior issues that would have been covered by this so I would skip it. My kids, both still under 10, have never really destroyed an interior, maybe some marks from the old car seats but that would likely clean out and wasn't an issue at trade in anyway, they didn't even look.
I am guessing that they just do some kind of coating, maybe a ceramic or similar on the exterior? Not even sure of that, not enough detail given and honestly the price would be too cheap for a good ceramic application from what I have read online so that is unlikely.
Since I enjoy washing, claying, and protecting my cars with the latest waxes/protectors a few times per year, I would skip it. No issues with road salt even here in salty New England, unless an accident has damaged the paint (and a lousy repair was made) and that wouldn't be covered anyway. You will likely never see rust issues in the time you own it or the time that this protects you for. I do hate tree sap, luckily do not need to deal with it but I would get rid of the offending tree if possible, use a cover as needed or just get some sap remover and use as needed. I trust myself to protect the paint more than some unlucky kid at the dealer who gets stuck cleaning your car. A good diy ceramic or even the newer ceramic/graphene spray on protectors are easy to apply and provide a slick surface to make removal of sap, bird crap, dirt, salt, etc easier.

·
Premium Member
2021 Phantom Black Sonata; 2009 Audi A6 Condor Grey
101 Posts
I would say this...invest 6 hours of your time at $125/hr. and do it yourself. Since it's a new vehicle the prep work should be minimal, plus, you get to learn all the curves of the DN8, and finish with the satisfaction/ability to gloat at your accomplishment when the neighbor stops by!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone, I’m negotiating on a 2020 Limited at a dealer now and they are offering me this Allstate Paint Protection Package original price $1495, my price $695...

Curious of your thoughts... here are mine... We do have some trees in front of our home and they put sap on the cars, and it appears it covers the sap removal, I do spend a couple hours every year removing that sap.... I am still deciding I may actually call in and try to learn more. Since Allstate owns this product maybe its decent, heck they own squaretrade and I like there stuff.

Just curious if anyone else bought and used these types of plans????? My wife’s car recently came with an Autobutler product and i’ve been quite pleased with it because in there case they RECLEAN the car every 6 months with a 5hr detail (and with kids, thats a blessing to have someone spend 5hrs cleaning it)

Thanks
Brian in Chicago
We bought the protection and cars still look like new they are 2009's, worth the money if you plan on keeping.

·
Registered
139 Posts
$695 is an expensive wax job

Keep the car relatively clean and wax it once in awhile and save yourself the money.

Here is my 2011 Corvette. It's a 10 year old car that has never had any extra cost 'Paint Protection'.

These photos were taken about 2 months ago ... car looks as good today as it did 10 years ago when I bought it new:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks
Brian in Chicago
I want to thank everyone!!! For there valuable input!!!!!!!! I am the original thread starter, I am a convert just traded in my 2017 Honda Civic Sedan as my wife has STRONGLY recommended a larger car for the family and the Hyundai Sonata Limited, knocked our socks off with all the tech and luxury… blew away the competition….Very excited to join the family… You all are knowledgeable and wonderful!!!!! We are Purchasing a 2020 Limited this week. I did speak with the dealer / people who do the paint work and yes they will remove the sap but I am confident I can keep it off the car in the first place with the regular washing and waxing I would normally do…. The other reason I think its pass for me is I think in about 2-2.5yrs I may get into a hybrid or something else with all the competiion coming….

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE REPLIES!!!!! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just bought a 2021 and love the car and intend to keep for a while. I actually bought a full boat mechanical plan due to the fact that the infotainment system is only warranted for three years and it really expensive to replace. Our cars are garaged and we address any tree droppings very quickly for us.
Just curious, I thought the warranty was 5yrs? on the radio or am I wrong ?

America's Best Warranty

·
Registered
2021 Sonata N-Line
117 Posts
If tree sap is your concern warm water and car wash are the best and most cost effective solution. Bird poop is far more damaging to paint as it will, if not removed quickly, etch the clear coat. Front end rock chips are probably the biggest paint damage exposure. A clear vinyl like 3M Pro Scotchgard is the best rock chip protection Scotchgard™ Pro Series Paint Protection Film (PPF) | 3M

·
Registered
141 Posts
I said NO to all of the dealer add ons except for tinted windows and didn't get much push back. the paint protection was $699 which seemed outrageous. They did offer to lower the price 50% but I still declined. I'm wondering if it was already applied or if they treat the car after the sale. I'm not sure how that typically works.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I said NO to all of the dealer add ons except for tinted windows and didn't get much push back. the paint protection was $699 which seemed outrageous. They did offer to lower the price 50% but I still declined. I'm wondering if it was already applied or if they treat the car after the sale. I'm not sure how that typically works.
The probably run it through the wash bay and use spray on wax. 😅

I wanted a tint shop to do my car as opposed to a mobile tint guy most dealerships commission, so I could pick my quality of tint.

Any add-on a dealer offers can be contested if the manufacturer is the finance company, bipass the dealer and have those add-ons credited back to the principal of your loan.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am about to buy a car and it they pull that " its already on the car" then my reply will be " OK order me a new one and don't apply it, I will wait"

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just bought a 2021 SEL and they tried to add $1895 if I remember correctly.. I quickly said " no way take that off" and they did. That was the highest one I had ever seen!
Talked to a friend and he said buy a ceramic coat kit like last coat and do it your self for $50

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thanks
Brian in Chicago
Definitely think about buying from another manufacturer. Bought their top of line car & have NOTHING but problems. Engine went out at 32k miles still under warranty & manufacture refused to replace it; cost me $15k

·
Registered
37 Posts
Inundated washed my car yesterday and even though they took off the $1800 they put something on my car. Beads water like crazy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts