Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2004 XG on August 1. It just got out the dealer repair shop for the second time. The dealer cannot seem to order the correct parts and the car still is not repaired and must go back to the dealer a third time. Today I talked to the owner of the dealership and was told mistakes happen. My mistake was purchasing a Hyundai from Family Motors in Bakersfield, Ca. I believe the reason the car has a five year bumper to bumper warranty is that it will take the dealer over five years to order the correct part. I can only laugh at my stupidity for purchasing the car in the first place. Funny thing is I really like the car, it is comfortable and rides nice. The problem is the dash over the passenger airbag is bubbling and the dealer ordered the airbag not the crash pad. Also the car came with only one transmitter and they had to order a second one and the dealer did not get that right the first time and had to try again. Are all dealers this incompetant or am I just lucky...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by FullyV@Aug 20 2004, 06:43 PM
I purchased a 2004 XG on August 1.  It just got out the dealer repair shop for the second time.  The dealer cannot seem to order the correct parts and the car still is not repaired and must go back to the dealer a third time.  Today I talked to the owner of the dealership and was told mistakes happen.  My mistake was purchasing a Hyundai from Family Motors in Bakersfield, Ca.  I believe the reason the car has a five year bumper to bumper warranty is that it will take the dealer over five years to order the correct part.  I can only laugh at my stupidity for purchasing the car in the first place.  Funny thing is I really like the car, it is comfortable and rides nice.  The problem is the dash over the passenger airbag is bubbling and the dealer ordered the airbag not the crash pad.  Also the car came with only one transmitter and they had to order a second one and the dealer did not get that right the first time and had to try again. Are all dealers this incompetant or am I just lucky...
[snapback]851[/snapback]​

I am a factory authorized dealer , maybe I can help. It will not benefit me anything other than the satisfaction of helping you. If you tell me what their supposed to be ordering maybe I can call Hyundai for you and confirm they are getting the correct part. I always want 100% percent satisfaction by any Hyundai owner. I believe in this product and how well they they want to take care of the owner. I have worked for Daimlerchrysler ,Jeep, BMW, General Motors, Subaru , and Daewoo. Hyundai beats them all for taking care of the customer and helping the dealer take care of the customer. My opinion Daimlerchrysler is the worst and GM is next. email me [email protected] . Parts Manager

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi FullyV,
I am a member of the stupidity club also. Buying a Hyundai has been my worst new car experience ever.
Having to deal with two Hyundai dealers, I can tell you that it is an inherent problem with them that they cannot repair a problem with the vehicle with one visit.
So yours makes THREE.
Spread the word

·
Registered
386 Posts
HI,

I am sorry that you have had an unpleasant experience with your dealer. I think it only fair to remember that not every dealership is staffed by dickheads.

In my experience, a lot of problems are caused by poor communication.

As Jamey has shown you there are those within the Hyundai organisation who have sufficient interest in what they do to ensure customer satisfaction.

Don't get cynical, be assertive and ensure that your needs are fully understood and acted upon.

Just remember, we are all people with similar challenges.

Be Great

Regards,

Andrew.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Andrew,

Do you actually have specific names of the people in the Hyundai Corporation that are actually concerned?
I have talked to Hyudai Consumer Affairs and they do absolutley nothing.

My present situation...

I brought my car in to have AC checked, they said it was OK, but it was not.

I brought my car in again to have the AC checked, they said there was a problem, duh.

I had to bring back my car dropped off there for two days to have the problem fixed.

Now for the real problem...

They called me and told me they wrecked my car. They said they would repair in their body shop, 45 days later and two repair attempts, the repair was not done properly, I rejected the first attempt along with the second. They said they will not repair the car correctly, and told me the car was repaired satisfactorly.
I visitied other body shops to get estimates and they can't believe the poor job that was done. Any person can see the poor repair job that was done, I don't even need an expert.
Hyundai will not help me at all with this, I have had numerous phone calls to them, and all on record.

So I pose the question to you again, who are these people at Hyundai that will actually support me?

Thank you for your concern Andrew.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey All.

I hate to say I too have had a fair few problems that Hyundai dealers have struggled to fix not once but 4 times and it is still not fixed.

The problem is with the Brakes it is an intermittent fault but sometimes when braking you can hear a knocking/rubbing noise. I had a rough idea myself what it could be, the shoe on the rear drums.

They fobbed me off with things like suspension and tyres etc which i new could not be true eventually they owned up that the problem was the shoe on the rear drums. Attempted to fix it a fair few times but have been unable to and noise keeps coming back.

Anyone know of this problem?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by PARTSMASTER@Oct 12 2004, 08:42 PM
I am a factory authorized dealer , maybe I can help. It will not benefit me anything other than the satisfaction of helping you. If you tell me what their supposed to be ordering maybe I can call Hyundai for you and confirm they are getting the correct part. I always want 100% percent satisfaction by any Hyundai owner. I believe in this product and how well they they want to take care of the owner. I have worked for Daimlerchrysler ,Jeep,  BMW, General Motors, Subaru , and Daewoo. Hyundai beats them all for taking care of the customer and helping the dealer take care of the customer. My opinion Daimlerchrysler is the worst and GM is next. email me [email protected]  . Parts Manager
[snapback]1689[/snapback]​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If hyundia likes to take care of their customers,why are manuals for these cars as rare has hens teeth?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, I've got the manual for mine, and to tell the truth, the Chiltons has better general data as far as how things go together. The manual is good for troubleshooting specific check engine codes, but don't rely on it for instructions as to how to replace specific parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi LYAL here. I have had a Lantra for 10 years When I first got it I bought a 6 year warranty. Worst thing I ever did as it locked me into using Hyundai delers.
Just about the only troubles I have had with the car , inclucing a new auto trans is because I used Hyundai delers to service my car.
Now how bad you feel.
It,s a pitty a reasonablely good car is let down to such a level by the very people who depend on it for a living

1 - 9 of 9 Posts