Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just bought a new Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T here in Canada. Blue link here is garbage, and so I (tried) to have them install the Hyundai starter because Northern Alberta is COLD right now. They were to install before I took delivery.

So they have had it for two days, and they can't get the starter installed. The sales manager has called me and said, "all the techs have worked on it, they called Hyundai, and at end of the day the 2020 is too new and Hyundai haven't released any codes to make the starter work with that vehicle yet".

That sounds like a bunch of BS to me, but it is what it is.

My options now are

• Get a refund for the starter and install, which I negotiated at a discounted rate as part of a new car purchase. So I'll pay more in the future
  • Leave them "on the hook" to install the starter in the future "... once Hyundai gives them the codes... ". So my car's future is in the hands of people who don't know how to install the single starter their brand sells, with no future leverage on my part
  • Back out of the deal completely, since they are not able to fulfill the contract. Then I have to start the whole process over again at a different dealership. Uhg.
My questions are

a) "no codes" is a complete BS excuse, is it not? Hyundai Parts website claims the starter is compatible with the 2020 - people on youtube are installing this thing at home in their garage in about an hour. What on earth am I missing here?
b) what would people recommend I do? The biggest concern I have is, is there something wrong with this car's electronics that is causing it not to work with the starter? Could this be a bigger issue and I end up with a vehicle that is not compatible with the Hyundai branded starter - which I would prefer to avoid finger pointing between after market installer and hyundai in the future.

I have to go pick the vehicle up in three hours. Any suggestions or opinions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks all,
DigitalPigeon

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,403 Posts
The dealership didn't know this before hand??
And they could not fix it or make it right??
So should you stay with them???
How does the saying go??
You can't fix S-T-U-P-I- ..... ???

Sorry, just not happy with dealerships

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey all,

Just bought a new Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T here in Canada. Blue link here is garbage, and so I (tried) to have them install the Hyundai starter because Northern Alberta is COLD right now. They were to install before I took delivery.

So they have had it for two days, and they can't get the starter installed. The sales manager has called me and said, "all the techs have worked on it, they called Hyundai, and at end of the day the 2020 is too new and Hyundai haven't released any codes to make the starter work with that vehicle yet".

That sounds like a bunch of BS to me, but it is what it is.

My options now are

• Get a refund for the starter and install, which I negotiated at a discounted rate as part of a new car purchase. So I'll pay more in the future
  • Leave them "on the hook" to install the starter in the future "... once Hyundai gives them the codes... ". So my car's future is in the hands of people who don't know how to install the single starter their brand sells, with no future leverage on my part
  • Back out of the deal completely, since they are not able to fulfill the contract. Then I have to start the whole process over again at a different dealership. Uhg.
My questions are

a) "no codes" is a complete BS excuse, is it not? Hyundai Parts website claims the starter is compatible with the 2020 - people on youtube are installing this thing at home in their garage in about an hour. What on earth am I missing here?
b) what would people recommend I do? The biggest concern I have is, is there something wrong with this car's electronics that is causing it not to work with the starter? Could this be a bigger issue and I end up with a vehicle that is not compatible with the Hyundai branded starter - which I would prefer to avoid finger pointing between after market installer and hyundai in the future.

I have to go pick the vehicle up in three hours. Any suggestions or opinions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks all,
DigitalPigeon
What starter are you talking about? The engine starter? In a 2020? Didn't it come with one? And what does an engine starter have to do with codes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts