Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Wanting to buy an SE fully loaded and I know they don't come with the homelink mirror. Has anyone here got that added with the dealer while purchasing the car?

Was it a hassle to get them to get it for you? And did you say you wanted it at the end of your deal?

·
Registered
264 Posts
same here, factory homelink and compass. i didnt even ask for it or want it... i just said make it a silver se with nav. i dont even have a garage or anything to program into it

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh alright, so it shouldn't be a problem having them adding one. it's probably just plug and play anyway. And I'm getting a Phantom Black SE w/ Nav

·
Registered
185 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ Aug 20 2010, 09:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350799
Oh alright, so it shouldn't be a problem having them adding one. it's probably just plug and play anyway. And I'm getting a Phantom Black SE w/ Nav
I bought a SE and did a WE OWE ITEM, then came back next weekend and they installed it like in 20 mins. I seen the guy out in the parking lot doing figure 8's and was like wtf. I read the manual and that is part of the install lol.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I bought one for my truck, and never installed it. When I bought my Sonata, I bought a new one that has a screen in it for a backup camera. I have the other one for sale, it is just like the one the dealer sells, minus the compass. For the price, I don't think you will miss the compass. Install is super easy. There is a torx bolt in the factory mirror, you loosen it to remove the factory mirror, you slip off the old one, slip on the new one, run the wires up to the headliner. Open the sunglass holder, remove 2 screws and drop the console. All the wiring you need to tap into is right there. Takes maybe 20 mins.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t52173-homel...ith-autodim.htm

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice dude, Honestly i don't even care for the compass or the homelink itself, I just care for the auto dim. I got a Lincoln LS and it comes with it and let me tell you that's probably the best feature of the car lol.

But of course if I decide to buy a house with a garage it'll be useful as well. But a good thing to have.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine didn't come with one factory installed but I bought one from the dealer (it's the same as the factory) but it was out of stock. I don't care about the compass or homelink, just the auto-dimming. Still waiting for them to put it on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts