Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my car almost 2 weeks, I already ordered and installed Xenon lights, the DC Strut bar, and factory floormats since min didnt have them =(
Last night I decided to order some more goodies lol I ordered the vent visors, carbon fiber nose mask, cargo net, and cargo tray, and the B&M shifter.

Eventually I want to get an Intake and Muffler.. I dont feeling like wasting 260$ on the AEM-- does anyone have either of the Weapon R ones?? Do they install the same way as the AEM?? I can get the dragon one for 128$ shipped or the secret weapon for 189$ whats the difference between the 2?

Also is there any place that sells the OEM body kit and performance exhaust online? All the places I see don't see either. And lastly is the stock Canadian Exhaust the same as the USA one? Or is it different? Somewere I saw it said the vibrant exhaust was stock with 2 tips, but it did not look stainless, then the perforamnce one was stainless.. so whats the deal?

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (JoeyBello @ Jun 10 2010, 12:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331688
So I had my car almost 2 weeks, I already ordered and installed Xenon lights, the DC Strut bar, and factory floormats since min didnt have them =(
Last night I decided to order some more goodies lol I ordered the vent visors, carbon fiber nose mask, cargo net, and cargo tray, and the B&M shifter.

Eventually I want to get an Intake and Muffler.. I dont feeling like wasting 260$ on the AEM-- does anyone have either of the Weapon R ones?? Do they install the same way as the AEM?? I can get the dragon one for 128$ shipped or the secret weapon for 189$ whats the difference between the 2?

Also is there any place that sells the OEM body kit and performance exhaust online? All the places I see don't see either. And lastly is the stock Canadian Exhaust the same as the USA one? Or is it different? Somewere I saw it said the vibrant exhaust was stock with 2 tips, but it did not look stainless, then the perforamnce one was stainless.. so whats the deal?
well ill tell u first hand .... as far as intake goes its better off making it custom i made mine for under 40 bucks and exhaust is better off custom as well i recommend a header before u do the rest of the exhaust ... but i have been making intakes for a while now for many different types of car's and trucks ...... and i have never spent over 60 bucks ......if u want more info pm me ......

[attachment=18690:black_intake.jpg][attachment=18691:mesh_intake.jpg]

made mine with a mesh filter for better flow ... also sprayed the chrome to a flat black ...

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (07accent1.6 @ Jun 10 2010, 03:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331767
well ill tell u first hand .... as far as intake goes its better off making it custom i made mine for under 40 bucks and exhaust is better off custom as well i recommend a header before u do the rest of the exhaust ... but i have been making intakes for a while now for many different types of car's and trucks ...... and i have never spent over 60 bucks ......if u want more info pm me ......

[attachment=18690:black_intake.jpg][attachment=18691:mesh_intake.jpg]

made mine with a mesh filter for better flow ... also sprayed the chrome to a flat black ...

What kind of fliter did u use?

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (JoeyBello @ Jun 10 2010, 02:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331769
What kind of fliter did u use?
I BOUGHT IT FROM AUTOZONE .... ITS A METAL MESH SCREEN AIR FILTER $29 ..[DOES GET BETTER FLOW THAN MOST OTHERS BUT DOES NOT KEEP OUT EXTREMELY FINE PARTIALS ] IT SAYS IT'S FOR TRACK USE ONLY.

BUT ANY COTTON AIR FILTER WILL WORK ... I RECOMMEND IF U DO GET A COTTON OR PAPER MATERIAL TYPE OF FILTER I WOULD GET A K&N ... IN WHAT EVER STYLE U PREFER ... SINCE THERE IS SO MANY ...

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (07accent1.6 @ Jun 10 2010, 04:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331795
I BOUGHT IT FROM AUTOZONE .... ITS A METAL MESH SCREEN AIR FILTER $29 ..[DOES GET BETTER FLOW THAN MOST OTHERS BUT DOES NOT KEEP OUT EXTREMELY FINE PARTIALS ] IT SAYS IT'S FOR TRACK USE ONLY.

BUT ANY COTTON AIR FILTER WILL WORK ... I RECOMMEND IF U DO GET A COTTON OR PAPER MATERIAL TYPE OF FILTER I WOULD GET A K&N ... IN WHAT EVER STYLE U PREFER ... SINCE THERE IS SO MANY ...
I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Oh my god. Is there any way you can get a refund/return that car cover? That will look terrible, and it will just serve to scratch and ruin the paint under it over time. If you want paint protection, the 3M clear stone guard is the only way to go. I have it on my car, including 24" worth on my hood and it's kept the front end of my car looking brand new even after nearly 2 years of driving on Albertan roads.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (Naky @ Jun 10 2010, 10:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331890
Oh my god. Is there any way you can get a refund/return that car cover? That will look terrible, and it will just serve to scratch and ruin the paint under it over time. If you want paint protection, the 3M clear stone guard is the only way to go. I have it on my car, including 24" worth on my hood and it's kept the front end of my car looking brand new even after nearly 2 years of driving on Albertan roads.

lol maybe.. but I think the front end of the car is kinda ugly.. the sides and rear end look good.. from the front the car is so bland or puny looking.. thought this might help.. but we will see.

·
Registered
98 Posts
the secret weapon weapon r intake has 2 chambers for air flow to create a vacuum effect with the 2 different flows velocities. and the secret weapon filter has a hose connection to attach a ram air hose to it to increase the velocity on the inner pipe.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (Tenrilid @ Jun 11 2010, 02:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332091
the secret weapon weapon r intake has 2 chambers for air flow to create a vacuum effect with the 2 different flows velocities. and the secret weapon filter has a hose connection to attach a ram air hose to it to increase the velocity on the inner pipe.
Before you get all excited, not always. The Secret Weapon only has 2 chambers for SOME of the cars. For my 98 Prizm/Corolla, it was just a freakin single pipe. Absolutely nothing special. I'm not sure if the one for the Accent has 1 or 2.

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (Tenrilid @ Jun 11 2010, 01:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332091

ok 1st off .... i will be willing to test this at the SA meet i will go to the dyno and Guarantee that my intake makes more hp than a weapon r ...... and if im wrong i will pay for using the dyno ... but if i am correct they Challenger will have to pay ....... and we can do the test on the same car so u guy's don't complain that i have other mods .....

and by the way mine is setup facing the old air induction hose setup that extracts colder air from the front grill ........ !!!!!! lmao... i just got lazy and didn't take it out .... but probably will today

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (07accent1.6 @ Jun 12 2010, 12:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332314
ok 1st off .... i will be willing to test this at the SA meet i will go to the dyno and Guarantee that my intake makes more hp than a weapon r ...... and if im wrong i will pay for using the dyno ... but if i am correct they Challenger will have to pay ....... and we can do the test on the same car so u guy's don't complain that i have other mods .....

"and the secret weapon filter has a hose connection to attach a ram air hose to it" .... if ure thinking of adding the connection at the end of the filter that would make it cold air intake ... not ram air !!!!

and by the way mine is setup facing the old air induction hose setup that extracts colder air from the front grill ........ !!!!!!
By ram air, they literally mean routing the hose to a section of the car that will force air at high velocity (when driving) into the hose.

This however is impractical since no car I've ever worked on has the engine bay space to effectively pull this off... not to mention, your car would look dumb as heck with a tube sticking out of the front.

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (bloodninja @ Jun 12 2010, 12:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332331
By ram air, they literally mean routing the hose to a section of the car that will force air at high velocity (when driving) into the hose.

This however is impractical since no car I've ever worked on has the engine bay space to effectively pull this off... not to mention, your car would look dumb as heck with a tube sticking out of the front.
very true ..... since he said "ram air" i was thinking the intake being a short ram air .... lol anyways my comment still stands if anyone wants to take that bet ?????????

1 - 20 of 26 Posts