Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why Doe's My Battery Go Dead In 3 to 4 Days ??
Any One Have Same Problem
Thanks
Harley03joe

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

have you had the battery and charging system checked for faults?

moving your question over to the XG forum

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Montego @ Jul 28 2010, 04:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345674
welcome to the forums :00000732:

have you had the battery and charging system checked for faults?

moving your question over to the XG forum
Ok I'LL Move It Over Thank You
Yes It All Checks Out Good Also This Is My #2 Battery But Wh I Take Out The #21 Power Fuse The Drew Goes Away
Harley03joe

Do You Think This Is My Problem ??? >>>> failed diode
My 04 XG 350 L With 22000 Miles On It Has A New Battery 2 In 2 Years ,, It Keeps Going Dead.

I Took Out The Add on Alarm , Thought That Was It But It Was Not It, Today The Batty Was Dead Again, So I Charged It Back Up To 100% And took A Drew Test With A Test Light, The Light Was Lit With Nothing On, I Then Started Pulling Fuses ,, And Fuse # 21 Under The Hood Was Called Power Fuse And The Test Light Went Out, I Started The Car With Out The Fuse And It Set 2 Codes
This Was The Codes P1118 Manifold Absolute Temperature Circuit Low Input,, P1178 ( open )

So I Plugged In My Tester And Cleared The Codes That I Set In There.

I Also Replaced That Fan Belt But That Was After The Battery Was Going Dead, So Its Not The Belt I Know Its Tight Also I Went With The Toque Specks
Any Help On This Problem ??

I Did Buy The Extended 10 year 100 Thousand Mile Warranty 0 Deductable

Thanks For Any Help
Harley03joe

P. S. I'm An Auto Tech For O About 44 Years

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You do not check parasitic draw with a test light, invalid test...

Use DVOM with mA function, and get a real number value as to what the parasitic draw current actually is... then you start pulling fuses till the draw drops like a rock... typically anything above 25 is suspect when car is sleeping.... so be sure to either disconnect hood switch, or hold hood switch down --> I have mile long leads on my DVOM, so I just close hood after I get set up and running.

You will perform Draw test with doors closed, and keys out of vehicle

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Jul 28 2010, 09:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345743
You do not check parasitic draw with a test light, invalid test...

Use DVOM with mA function, and get a real number value as to what the parasitic draw current actually is... then you start pulling fuses till the draw drops like a rock... typically anything above 25 is suspect when car is sleeping.... so be sure to either disconnect hood switch, or hold hood switch down --> I have mile long leads on my DVOM, so I just close hood after I get set up and running.

You will perform Draw test with doors closed, and keys out of vehicle
Yes I Do Know About The DVOM But Its Over My Friends House, Like I said the Test Light went out when pulled fuse 21 the power fuse.

I'LL recheck in the morning or at noon, when I get my DVOM back

Or Take it to the dealer, i only have 22000 miles on it and its an 04 with 10 years 100,00 mile warranty , I did buy the extended Warranty on it.

Thank You For Your Answer
Harley03joe

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
10/100 not cover electrical concerns... thats 5/60, and you is out of warranty there.

Yea, customer pay work, pays better than warranty. :banana:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Jul 28 2010, 10:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345767
10/100 not cover electrical concerns... thats 5/60, and you is out of warranty there.

Yea, customer pay work, pays better than warranty. :banana:
My After Market Warranty Said Alt Is Covered , I'LL See In The Morning

·
Registered
46 Posts
Found my 2013 Elantra had a very dead battery, checked the voltage and it was 1.9 Volts. Tried a battery charger, but it would not take a charge. Called Hyundai Road Service. The service man had a lot of trouble getting the Elantra to start, but after 20 minutes, we were able to start it. Took it to the Dealer, they fully charged the battery, and performed a load test, which indicated it was a bad battery. They replaced it under the warranty as it was less than 24 months old.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this foru so I don't really know if I need to start a new thread as nobody seemed to answer the question. I have a 2004 XG350 and the same thing. Battery dead in 4 days. Third new battery before I figured something was wrong (duuu!!!)

Used ammeter to find .05amp draw on pwr 1 (30 amp fuse) but worse a .17 amp draw on the big square 40amp fuse marked for power windows that actually controls the seats and steering column and who knows what else.

I have seen loads of people with xg350 with the same problem (battery dead in 4 days, no charging or battery fault present).

Did Hyundai ever let slip what the design fault is that causes the problem so that I can fix it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts