Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my HID kit from DDM Tuning yesterday and installed them this morning. My extra headlight dust caps also came in from Hyundai, good timing. Install went smooth. Didn't have to use a harness, so far no flicker. I will see how they are tonight. So for now i do recommend the $39 kit from DDM ^_^

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks nice. It's something I will have to do if (leaning towards when) I get a 2011 Sonata. I have been reading through the HID thread and saw some people need a harness/relay. I am not sure if that is the same thing or not. I hope they can sticky the HID Installation so they can provide kits that people have working, issues encountered with each, and all parts needed for the kits.

HID and horn are two changes that would have to be made in my opinion on the 2011 Sonata.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its the 35w kit. I had 8000K bulbs in the DRL but i put the original one back in because it was too dim. I ordered a set of 5000k bulbs for the DRL, see how that goes..

Seems like some people need a harness and some don't. I guess it depends on the ballast, idk..

·
Registered
58 Posts
QUOTE (Vinnny @ May 9 2010, 11:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321184
Its the 35w kit. I had 8000K bulbs in the DRL but i put the original one back in because it was too dim. I ordered a set of 5000k bulbs for the DRL, see how that goes..

Seems like some people need a harness and some don't. I guess it depends on the ballast, idk..
Do you what it depends on though. I installed the DDM 35W 5000K for low beam and it flickers alittle bit. You said your kit works fine without harness so I wonder if I installed the kit wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts