Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I am new on this forum so I am sorry if this was already answered.

I'm interested in installing a HID kit on my 2013 Sonata Hybrid. I'm planing to order the DDM 55W Slim Ballast kit. My question is if I want the low and the high beam to be HID do I need two kits. Also I was thinking to install LED lights on my fog lights. Is this possible and is it going to work?

Any suggestions are welcome...

Thank you

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Yes, no it wont work cause they don't draw enough current when in DRL so they will only come on when you put your brights on however they wont last long cause with quick on/off cycles they will burn out the ballast, and yes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, no it wont work cause they don't draw enough current when in DRL so they will only come on when you put your brights on however they wont last long cause with quick on/off cycles they will burn out the ballast, and yes.
Thank you Txboy11SE.

So you saying that for the short beam and the LED fog light is going to work, but the high beam will be a problem? Did I understand you correctly??

Do you have any suggestion for any other solutions so all my lights are HID??

·
Registered
537 Posts
HID's as high beams are generally not a good idea because it takes several seconds for the HID's to come full brightness and high beams are typically used on-demand for short periods of time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts