Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife drives a 2017 Elantra Sport w/ DCT. It has maybe 7000 miles on it. She recently mentioned that the transmission was acting differently. I drove it and discovered that in manual shift mode, it will skip gears. For example, I'll accelerate, shift from 2nd to 3rd, and it will very briefly show 3 but go to 4, on its own. It does the same thing from 4th to 6th. I was able to repeat this regularly using both the paddles and the gear lever.
I personally drive a 2018 Elantra GT Sport DCT and it does not do this at all.
Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know for sure if it's doing it all the time because it normally just shows "D" on the dash when you're not in manual mode. I assume that's what she's feeling while driving it. She does not use manual mode. Any thoughts/advice?

·
Registered
253 Posts
with 7k on the clock.. I would just take it right back to the dealership, and have a tech do a ride-a-long. That way you can show him/her what its doing, and they can note it. Sometimes they'll even plug in a laptop while driving to see if its a issue with programming.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
In my17 Limited, "D" is all I see in auto mode, only see the numbers in manual mode, flick forward up a gear, backward, down a gear. But slowing down, will downshift all by itself.

Was a recall on the AT firmware update around 8 months ago for a reflash. Also a flick switch on the gear shift handle, contacts could be dirty..

·
Registered
369 Posts
In my17 Limited, "D" is all I see in auto mode, only see the numbers in manual mode, flick forward up a gear, backward, down a gear. But slowing down, will downshift all by itself.

Was a recall on the AT firmware update around 8 months ago for a reflash. Also a flick switch on the gear shift handle, contacts could be dirty..

Different transmission man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Was it actually shifting or was just the indicator changing?

It was shifting for sure. I let the RPMs get pretty high (not redlining it or anything too crazy) so I could feel it.

Mine will hold the gear in manual mode and not shift on its own unless I'm coming to a stop.

I'd say get it on video then bring the car in for service. You know it won't happen when the tech drives it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Asked my friends wife how she like her new car, said nice, but wish they showed what gear you were in the stick, her husband stepped in and said, its on the dash.

Got me to thinking since the earliest car I had the pleasure to drive was a 1903 Buick, they never showed you what gear you were in, you were suppose to know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts