Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think the threshold to get in on this is pretty low so I dont know why people are complaining about it. Also I think people are crazy to not sell their Tuscan if they qualify. The resell value of these is going to tank and there will probably be a flood of them as we get closer to the settlement date.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
So, lets put some numbers to this calculation to see if someone can tell me if i'm thinking about it right:
Lets say you purchased a Tucson in March 2016 for $32,000
Current trade in value is lets say $13,000 with 43,000 miles.

That difference is $19,000
The 43,000 miles puts you in the 50% of purchase/sale difference. Does that mean you would get a check for $9,500?

OR

The next few bullet points mention a mileage adjustment. Is this how that works: For example the car has been owned for 4 years so that 2.5% a year times 4 so a 10% adjustment. You would add 10% in miles to the car and now have 47,300 (43,000 x 1.10) miles which puts you at the 40% calculation or $7,600 cash back.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I think the threshold to get in on this is pretty low so I dont know why people are complaining about it. Also I think people are crazy to not sell their Tuscan if they qualify. The resell value of these is going to tank and there will probably be a flood of them as we get closer to the settlement date.

You know how many times that is said and it never happens........ Personally we are keeping ours.

·
Registered
213 Posts
You know how many times that is said and it never happens........ Personally we are keeping ours.
I personally think if you were thinking about getting rid of it in the next couple years at all that you would be crazy not to do it within the Effective Date + 120 day period. I know it may take a while to get that money but its free money at some point down the line.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Exactly, its basically free money. Even if you took it and purchased a 2018 tucson you will most likely come out ahead in the end.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I personally think if you were thinking about getting rid of it in the next couple years at all that you would be crazy not to do it within the Effective Date + 120 day period. I know it may take a while to get that money but its free money at some point down the line.
Probably in about 5 years. No good reason to get ride of a car I haven't made a payment on in years that is covered by warranty that I have had no problems with. Wife loves it, it's staying.

It's actually crazy to waste money of a fear like this.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Exactly, its basically free money. Even if you took it and purchased a 2018 tucson you will most likely come out ahead in the end.

LOL, no such thing as free money......

·
Registered
81 Posts
Probably in about 5 years. No good reason to get ride of a car I haven't made a payment on in years that is covered by warranty that I have had no problems with. Wife loves it, it's staying.

You are the exception in this thread. I think most of the other people here have had issues with the car. If you are planning on keeping the car long term then yea dont bother with this. Take option 1 or 2 and get the cash back for the service visits.

·
Registered
213 Posts

Oh i know it will take years. My father in law just got some email about his Kia in the MPG lawsuit that they are finally about to pay those out and he filed that a few years ago. I'm prepared to wait. I know you have been probably the biggest DCT supporter on this site over the 3+ years i have been on it. But like it or not this car has major issues and everyone knows it so the trade in value will be effected. Take the money while you can and be happy when it comes in a few years.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
You are the exception in this thread. I think most of the other people here have had issues with the car. If you are planning on keeping the car long term then yea dont bother with this. Take option 1 or 2 and get the cash back for the service visits.

That I have already done. There is no way I'd downgrade and take the 2.4 over what I have now. And wife didn't care for the larger Santa Fe.

My point is, fear mongering othering to think their value will "tank" is BS. I deal in fleets and laugh everytime I hear this. You want to take the offer, I hope it works well for you. WIth luck, the replacement won't be bad. But they all have good ones, bad ones, and terrible ones. Looks how well the 2.4 has worked out for Hyundai.

I'll add this, we are both used to manuals, so some of the quirks others complain about on a DCT are nothing to us. Runs strong and powerful. We did have a air bag light a short time ago. Full electical power had to be shut down for hours as they worked on it. 99% of those quirks we had, are gone. Maybe a full system reboot, dunno.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Fear mongering??? Ok..you are reading into my intent here. I'm only stating my opinion and thoughts. It's of no concern to me what anyone else chooses to do.

If anyone is thinking of selling or are unhappy with how the dct drives (whether it's the drivers or cars fault) i think you would be crazy to pass up this offer. I anticipate that there will be a lot of people who do option 3 so the supply of used 2016 Tucsons will be larger than normal and future resale value can be affected.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
The useed car market vaule is increasing. Even when everyone though the Focus value was going to "tank", they didn't and they are still selling at auction over 100% BBV.

So yea, telling anyone values will tank becuase of a small percentage of vehicles, is fewr montering unless you have some facts to back up that date.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone gotten further info on steps needed to file for option 3 if have not sold/traded-in current vehicle yet? I have heard different things and told different things by the settlement phone reps.

Some say ALL paperwork has to be in by Feb 22, even if you haven't traded-in yet. So do we submit incomplete paperwork now, then refile later when trade-in is complete?

Initial phone conversation I had with settlement rep, said no need to file until trade-in is complete. Feb 22 is only for options 1 and 2 reimbursement.

Last phone conversation I had with settlement rep, the effective date is April 2. Must file for trade-in by this date. If trade-in hasn't occurred, still file and then refile with final paperwork within 120 days after effective date. Though when I kept questioning rep on this process, he seemed unsure.

Anyone have more info?

Right now torn between Santa Fe or Highlander hybrid. Decisions decision.

·
Registered
530 Posts
You have 120 days after the settlement date of April 2, 2020 (Aug 2, 2020) to trade in your vehicle and get the paper work filed from my last conversation with them.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I filed for cash back for repeated service visits.
I wonder if they let me switch to the trade in option. Want to stick with Hyundai and get a Palisade.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 89 Posts