Hyundai Forums banner

541 - 547 of 547 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #541 ·
I am not reporting it on taxes and wouldn't even think of that unless I got some tax form. This payment is really for you to recoup your loss so it's not really income the way I see it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
After about a year I finally have my settlement check in hand. I received slightly less than what I was expecting, but the bulk of the amount is there so its all good. Good luck to anyone else still waiting on this!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got my check in today! I had to email them a few times to get a response, then they gave me fedex tracking on it lol. I think the more you bother them the better at this point.

As to the taxes part. Technically I think it is taxable, however the check I received says it was for "reimbursement" and not a payout. That makes me think, since when is a reimbursement ever taxed for anything else? I'm not going to pretend that I understand the tax laws and how they apply to this, so do as you best understand or inquire with the professionals if you are concerned.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well just heard back from Hyundai, and they denied the claim. My dealer lost the first 18 months of service records, even asked if I even brought the car back to them. Kept my cool and sent the documentation to Hyundai and heard back well unless you sign this affidavit too bad. I will try contacting the Captsone Law group to see what can be done.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well just heard back from Hyundai, and they denied the claim. My dealer lost the first 18 months of service records, even asked if I even brought the car back to them. Kept my cool and sent the documentation to Hyundai and heard back well unless you sign this affidavit too bad. I will try contacting the Captsone Law group to see what can be done.
That stinks. There is a special Arbitration website for denials. You can google 'Hyundai BBB Arbitration DCT' and it will take you to the website or call the number below. Good luck!

If you would like to arbitrate your dispute against Hyundai, please call BBB National Programs at
1-800-246-2808.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am still trying to get a response on my missing service visit card... three weeks with no reply to emails. Called the number... press 2 for "all other issues"... wait 45 minutes... person answers and says sorry, this is not DCT dept... that is now closed and people are only available via email. I have not had an email reply ion three weeks! I called gift card company and they have no record of Hyundai ever requesting a card for my service visits. Has anyone every found a phone number to call recently that you can get to a live person to deal with this?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm glad to see that this thread has low posts... i assume that means most of you have gotten resolution... I have been trying to get my missing payment for MONTHS. Can't call since it is shut down and they only pass on the message... an email here and there, but with no info... 6 weeks and counting to "research" why a gift card was never sent. Anyone find any other place to call to get resolution?

541 - 547 of 547 Posts