Hyundai Forums banner

501 - 520 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got the check for trade in via FedEx today. I'm happy with the amount. I knew what it was since they emailed it when it was approved and it's more than what I calculated.

I traded in the 2016 Tucson after owning it for 4.5 years. It had 66K miles on it. Traded it for a Palisade. Got $8.4K reimbursement. Not bad.

Also I filed my claim for trade in end of June this year. So overall it's not bad compared to those who filed earlier and are still waiting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Srudenko; That’s how I look at it. If add the claim trade in rebate amount to the trade in value you got when you bought the Palisade, you did pretty well considering the time snd miles you drove the vehicle. Did you file a repair claim also and if so, how was that handled?
The original rules were you had to take it out in trade at a Hyundai dealer. I would buy tires or something if it ever shows up.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
Srudenko; That’s how I look at it. If add the claim trade in rebate amount to the trade in value you got when you bought the Palisade, you did pretty well considering the time snd miles you drove the vehicle. Did you file a repair claim also and if so, how was that handled?
The original rules were you had to take it out in trade at a Hyundai dealer. I would buy tires or something if it ever shows up.
Yes, I did file a separate claim for multiple service visits. I filed that one back in 2019 and got the $450 gift card back in May

·
Registered
12 Posts
patp811; Got home from wife’s Dr. Appt and Fed Ex envelope from Sunrise Bank up against garage door. No advance notice and no explanation of the amount but my bank took the check. If not for you and others. posting the routine, I would have been clueless. The amount seemed to be based on the top line car cost on the invoice times the calculated percentage figure when I backed into the number. Personally, it was more than I expected without a 100% view of how they do the math. Considering that I traded it in after five years, the bottom line was very fair in one person’s opinion.
i still have a claim for repair visits that was approved but is apparently being processed by the separate debit card issuing group, at Hyundai somewhere. Mine says “ Vehicle Rebate Certificate” on the claim approval, so we’ll see what that results in if I don’t die of old age first. Thanks again for the heads up to all of you- made it easier to wait.
That's good news! I'm also pleased with the final outcome. My trade-in, plus settlement equaled over $26k. Not too bad for a 4 year old compact, non- luxury suv. I actually came out $2k on the plus side from what I originally financed it for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone else get a debit card + check from Sunrise Bank at the same time? Hmm...
Last word I got on the repai claims was that they were still issuing debit cards from Hyundai Corporate on a first come first served basis. Maybe Sunrise issues the cards as well as the checks. The check was a nice convenience versus taking out thousands with $1000 ATM or teller draws. Either way, the settlement drafted by Capstone Law and approved by the Judge in LA turned out to be very fair compensation. The virus is very real and affecting all levels of life in our troubled country. Guess we are lucky if the settlement payments were our biggest problem. Good luck and good health. Thanks again for the advice and feedback on the payments - it helped clear up the confusion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Question on the debit cards for repair claims. The Sunrise check for the trade in claim arrived without any warning. Was that the same routine for the debit cards from Hyundai Corporate, or did you get the promised email notice that it was in the mail?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #507
Question on the debit cards for repair claims. The Sunrise check for the trade in claim arrived without any warning. Was that the same routine for the debit cards from Hyundai Corporate, or did you get the promised email notice that it was in the mail?
No notice for ether one

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.4L
22 Posts
I called last week and the guy picked up right away. I told him it was for a DCT claim and he said he had to put me on hold. I held the line for five minutes or so before he came back. He said that someone will have to call you back. I left my name and number and no one called. I sent an email on the following day and received a reply on the following day. Your claim for trade-in still pending, once we have an update, we will contact you via email.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I called last week and the guy picked up right away. I told him it was for a DCT claim and he said he had to put me on hold. I held the line for five minutes or so before he came back. He said that someone will have to call you back. I left my name and number and no one called. I sent an email on the following day and received a reply on the following day. Your claim for trade-in still pending, once we have an update, we will contact you via email.
Out of curiosity, when did you submit your claim?

·
Registered
208 Posts
If it has been a long time since you filed, you may want to email the lawyers at Capstone Law that represented the claimants. I filed in November of 2019 and just got paid. But I had to contact the lawyers several times to get my claim moved from pending to approved and then paid..good luck!!

[email protected]

·
Registered
11 Posts
If it has been a long time since you filed, you may want to email the lawyers at Capstone Law that represented the claimants. I filed in November of 2019 and just got paid. But I had to contact the lawyers several times to get my claim moved from pending to approved and then paid..good luck!!

[email protected]
I have reached out to MIC law since they were on the case as well. They never respond though. Maybe Capstone will.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Deadline for repairs claim was 2/22/2020, so they have had seven months to pay those off. The trade in claims should have closed in early August 2020 and seemed to be processed and paid in 5-6 months. without the benefit of any facts, other than forum members experience, it would seem they should be down to the bottom of the pile with most class members being responded to, one way or another. Anyone still waiting for either the trade in check or the repair debit card?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Deadline for repairs claim was 2/22/2020, so they have had seven months to pay those off. The trade in claims should have closed in early August 2020 and seemed to be processed and paid in 5-6 months. without the benefit of any facts, other than forum members experience, it would seem they should be down to the bottom of the pile with most class members being responded to, one way or another. Anyone still waiting for either the trade in check or the repair debit card?
Are you sure about the trade in part? The settlement documentation seems to say the deadline for trade in is a bit variable.
2.4.c
"For any qualifying compensation under the Customer Satisfaction Program, the Class Vehicle must be traded in or sold as part of a bona fide, arm’s length transaction within 4 years from original delivery to the first retail customer for that vehicle, or within 120 days after the Effective Date, whichever is later. "

This means if you purchased lets say 9/1/2017, you would have until 9/1/2021 since that is later then 120 days.

With all that said. After getting stuck on the side of the road taking kids to school just last month due to transmission issues...again and then a second transmission replacement. I decided to trade it in. I submitted on 9/23/2020 for the trade in and in theory I should still be able to get the payment back. If not its not the end of the world, but I'm going for it and will take it as far as I can.

It says pending, so I did send them an email to see if there was anything more I could provide to help them with the claim. No response yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Are you sure about the trade in part? The settlement documentation seems to say the deadline for trade in is a bit variable.
2.4.c
"For any qualifying compensation under the Customer Satisfaction Program, the Class Vehicle must be traded in or sold as part of a bona fide, arm’s length transaction within 4 years from original delivery to the first retail customer for that vehicle, or within 120 days after the Effective Date, whichever is later. "

This means if you purchased lets say 9/1/2017, you would have until 9/1/2021 since that is later then 120 days.

With all that said. After getting stuck on the side of the road taking kids to school just last month due to transmission issues...again and then a second transmission replacement. I decided to trade it in. I submitted on 9/23/2020 for the trade in and in theory I should still be able to get the payment back. If not its not the end of the world, but I'm going for it and will take it as far as I can.

It says pending, so I did send them an email to see if there was anything more I could provide to help them with the claim. No response yet.
You could be correct. I received many conflicting rules and statements on the road to satisfaction. The repair claims have a deadline. The deadline that applied to my trade in claim was the 4 months from effective date, pretty clear. I read the four year thing but I do think it is a variable proposition. You can get caught by the trade in sale date and the claim filing date. The variables are many so it only meansomething monetary IF they approve,your claim. My car was a problem right awat but never stalled or stopped, but my wife would never drive it. You could be right but if they find a rejection reason, it is hard to get feedback.
I am not the approval authority and said it seemed to be the case but each claim is so different it is hard to generalize. Glad you got out of that thing with kids in it. BTW, was that a 2016 Tuscon that you bought in 2017, I was not aware of 2017 & later models with the DCT, but my model was one of the first with that setup. Good luck, it is worth the vary long wait and frustration.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The DCT was in model years 2015–2017. I bought mine at the end of September 2017 and was a 2017 model. Other then the transmission issues, I really liked my Tucson. I got around the not down shifting by manually telling it to down shift. I did also find there were far less issues with that in sport mode as well. I think that 4 year part makes a lot of sense since someone could have got theirs very late in the 2017 model year or even after the 2018 models came out and might not have seen many issues yet.

I didn't bother with the repair compensation since it was all warranty work that really didn't interfere with anything for me. I did take a look at those deadlines though and they are pretty specific, so definitely outside of that now.
2.3.c-d
"c. Claim Forms for monetary compensation that occurred any time before the Effective Date must be submitted within 120 days after the Effective Date.
d. Claim Forms for monetary compensation that occur any time after the Effective Date must be submitted within 120 days of the corresponding Service Visit."

I figure at minimum its worth a try. Plus there are processes in place that will only cost them more if it has to go to arbitration. Best case I get money back out of it. Worst case I don't get anything but at least I tried. I'll pressure them as much as is reasonable, but in the end only time will tell.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got many different answers to the same question or problem. Once they told me what was wrong they even helped me correct the claim. They had two good supervisors, but hard to get to, that really knew the rules. My repair claim is now 10 months old with no payment yet. Some of the delay was my fault. The trade in claim took half that time and was for much more. I was told they were processed by different groups once the first group approved them. I read rhe rules that applied to my claims and tried to conform my claim with the proper support and still needed help to get them correct. The other forum members were a great resource since contact and answers were much quicker although non recourse.
Again, the process was very drawn out, but the ultimate compensation was very well designed by the plaintiff’s lawyers and ultimately very fair compensation. I have owned three hyundai cars since 2012 and all three were good value, dependable and well designed and assembled. Good luck with your claim(s) and your new Hyundai.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For those that might think they are late to the party. I submitted on 9/23 and received an email for an additional document just yesterday. So it looks like they are still processing them so far at this point. I'll give an update if I get anything more for them.

·
Registered
18 Posts

[email protected]
Thanks for posting this. After months of runaround I contacted Capstone and within two weeks the settlement office called to ask my payment preference for the approved amount. Capstone acted and communicated swiftly and clearly. Not so dctsettlement.com, but soon I will have this resolved. Enjoying my new Passport and goodbye, Hyundai.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

501 - 520 of 543 Posts