Hyundai Forums banner

401 - 420 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can anyone tell me if their is a transaction cap amount? I want to call and pay off a credit card that is $3200 with this debit card. Just hoping I can do this.
I'm wondering this myself. I may see about trying MoneyGram to transfer funds. It's more expensive but would be way more convenient than having to go to the bank every day. If I can do it all in one transaction that would be ideal. I suppose all you can do is try to buy something worth more than $1,500 and see what happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The single Point of Sale purchase maximum was $1,500 on Thursday. Moneygram will not work - they will not authorize any transfer of funds. My tests were Western Union and Venmo. The only way I have successfully gotten the money into the bank is via daily $1,000 cash withdrawals and then re-deposit it into my account.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After viewing my last few days transactions on the card's website this morning, it appears that withdrawing $1,000 from the teller on consecutive days from my bank, Chase, DID not incur ANY fees for me.

FYI...This is my LAST post here until I no longer see any TAX references!
I just called - and I haven't been charged ANY fees at the bank either! HOORAY!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thought I'd share my experiences, in case they help anyone else save the hours I've spent.

• Received trade in compensation via gift card on Monday. Called the Sunrise Banks number and asked for a check instead. They gave me the Hyundai general customer service number to ask for a check. Given that I was "approved" for payment months ago, I wasn't going to wait another 3-4 months for a check. I'll play their silly game.
  • Tried sending $4999.99 to my wife on it via Venmo and Paypal, both rejected.
  • When logging in to the hyundaipromocard.com website, I get an error message. But I can see transaction history on the jnrcard.com site
  • Tried paying Chase credit card balance, but representative said they can't do that
  • I mostly use online banks, but have a credit union account with my mortgage. Went there and asked for a cash advance, they said they can't accept Mastercard. They said I could go to the ATM, withdraw cash, then deposit it with them.
  • I tried withdrawing $1,000, but the ATM didn't like that. So I did three $300 withdrawals. The fourth $300 withdrawal was denied, but I was able to withdraw another $100 after that. An earlier post mentioned success withdrawing $1200 in one day, but I couldn't do it at a single ATM. Then I drove around and deposited the cash - handling that much makes me nervous.
  • The credit union ATMs don't charge anyone fees, and I didn't see any fees for my withdrawals, just the amount I withdrew

·
Registered
24 Posts
The single Point of Sale purchase maximum was $1,500 on Thursday. Moneygram will not work - they will not authorize any transfer of funds. My tests were Western Union and Venmo. The only way I have successfully gotten the money into the bank is via daily $1,000 cash withdrawals and then re-deposit it into my account.
Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hyundai Dealer CARD Update.. I received the $1350 Hyundai dealer card for the multiple service visits. I was led to believe this could only be used at Hyundai. Today I had to make a part purchase at Volkswagen. I tried the card and it ran through no problem as a Credit transaction. The service person said it ran thru as credit/MasterCard. I am going to try it at the NTB tire shop next since we need tires and Hyundai can't get the tire that we are wanting. I will post after trying this transaction 😀.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hyundai Dealer CARD Update.. I received the $1350 Hyundai dealer card for the multiple service visits. I was led to believe this could only be used at Hyundai. Today I had to make a part purchase at Volkswagen. I tried the card and it ran through no problem as a Credit transaction. The service person said it ran thru as credit/MasterCard. I am going to try it at the NTB tire shop next since we need tires and Hyundai can't get the tire that we are wanting. I will post after trying this transaction 😀.
Cool! Did you get the card for the trade in too??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cool! Did you get the card for the trade in too??
Sure did and it had $9269 on it. Pulling 1k a day from my bank. Also, It Worked! Tire purchase went thru no problem on the Hyundai Dealer card. I used this at NTB even though we were told by customer service DCT settlement center that this $1350 card could only be used at Hyundai. Ran card as credit. If you get this card try it at other locations. 😀

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sure did and it had $9269 on it. Pulling 1k a day from my bank. Also, It Worked! Tire purchase went thru no problem on the Hyundai Dealer card. I used this at NTB even though we were told by customer service DCT settlement center that this $1350 card could only be used at Hyundai. Ran card as credit. If you get this card try it at other locations. 😀
That’s so great!! Congrats to you! Hope I hear something soon.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Today marked my 6th $1,000 withdrawal from the card at my bank, and instant deposit into my checking account. The only fees I have incurred were the first day when I withdrew $300 from the ATM: $1.50 from the Card Issuer, and $3 from the ATM owner, my own bank. As my settlement was over $8,000, I have two more at $1,000 then one final one for the "change" ~$32. Pain, but happy to have the money, and be done with Hyundai for good.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Today marked my 6th $1,000 withdrawal from the card at my bank, and instant deposit into my checking account. The only fees I have incurred were the first day when I withdrew $300 from the ATM: $1.50 from the Card Issuer, and $3 from the ATM owner, my own bank. As my settlement was over $8,000, I have two more at $1,000 then one final one for the "change" ~$32. Pain, but happy to have the money, and be done with Hyundai for good.
Thats great! It seems like everyone that was waiting for trade in money got paid in the last couple of weeks. I think I am the only one still waiting to hear...Hope it's soon...Sigh

·
Registered
9 Posts
What was the time frame from approval notice to actually receiving payment(debit card)? I am just curious because I received my approval for my trade-in claim yesterday.

·
Registered
215 Posts
What was the time frame from approval notice to actually receiving payment(debit card)? I am just curious because I received my approval for my trade-in claim yesterday.
I received my approval email on June 30, and received the Debit Card on July 28...HOWEVER, It showed as approved at least a few weeks earlier on the website, and a call to the admins a that time confirmed it, so that's what I have for you. May be quicker now that the first batch has gone out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I received my approval email on June 30, and received the Debit Card on July 28...HOWEVER, It showed as approved at least a few weeks earlier on the website, and a call to the admins a that time confirmed it, so that's what I have for you. May be quicker now that the first batch has gone out?
Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.4L
12 Posts
I read the dealer card agreement. They do indicate that the card can only be used at a Hyundai dealer and I am guessing that 'they' could cut you off. Let us know. BTW: After the 1st year there is a $2.95/month inactivity fee. (what a PITA)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the same issue here, Jason. Bought a 2017 Tucson Value in January, 2018. By April, we had had several occurrences of DCT issues. Almost had a serious accident. I took it in and they reset the transmission and schooled me on how to drive it. It has never been quite right and everytime it went to the Hyundai dealer for an oil change, I asked it any new updates were available or if there was anything else they could do. I filed a complaint with the NHTSA in April of 2019. My wife was not comfortable at all driving the car. It still hesitated ocassionally when accelerating. A few days after the lawsuit letter came, We traded it in for a 2019 Tucson because we really like the car aside from the DCT. I read Jason reply below and am wondering where he got his information. I want to make sure I get it right the first time. Our 2017 had less than 20K miles on it so we qualify for the 80%. I have registered and just got a letter back saying they need the 2 visits. I have the complaint one where they reset the trans. I recognize that 2016 DCT's would have multiple service visits because of all the updates....but the 2017's (as long as I had mine) never had a single DCT firmware update. There was nothing they could do but hold your hand.
Jim Lofgren
My Dealership did not report my complaints regarding stalling. They showed the one on the Hyundai call back. What Judge approved this phony Debit card pay off? My settlement due to trade in was 9250.00 but the card is for 2500.00 with a 300.00 max draw?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I read the dealer card agreement. They do indicate that the card can only be used at a Hyundai dealer and I am guessing that 'they' could cut you off. Let us know. BTW: After the 1st year there is a $2.95/month inactivity fee. (what a PITA)
I have used this card multiple places without issue. The only place that it was denied was a Dinning out trip. I only have $32 left on the card and plan on using that in the next day or so.

401 - 420 of 420 Posts