Hyundai Forums banner

381 - 400 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
i did similar $1k teller - no bank fee... $300.00 ATM $3.00 fee. Will try $1k @ ATM tomorrow see if it will doll out that much. Quite happy to pay the fee as I consider this "free" ish money, also happy to go several times. Will check online to see exactly what Card fee is charged. At my bank I had to give address, D.L# and phone#. Too much info!
Well, the card company, and Hyundai have your address......and of course the bank has your address....

I also consider this "free...ish" money, and have reluctantly accepted the fact that it will require several trips to get all the money. Because of this, it has now become a challenge to me to get it without further fees. haha

·
Registered
182 Posts
On a typical day I am excited to leave work. But leaving work today will be even better when I get home (hopefully). I just called yesterday and spoke to the settlement people and they said it had not been mailed yet and that I should call back in a couple weeks. So, I'm hoping they were wrong and this is the card and not some stupid junk mail.
View attachment 449457
SO?? Was it your card??????????

·
Registered
216 Posts
I enjoyed this thread, folks discussing waiting for, anticipating, then receiving their settlement, But this Tax issues has caused me to think about no longer following this thread. I'm sure most of it is in jest, but still...Yes, I got my settlement, but I have been here posting my "cash in" experiences to help others. Shame, as I found kind of a kinship with you all.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I enjoyed this thread, folks discussing waiting for, anticipating, then receiving their settlement, But this Tax issues has caused me to think about no longer following this thread. I'm sure most of it is in jest, but still...Yes, I got my settlement, but I have been here posting my "cash in" experiences to help others. Shame, as I found kind of a kinship with you all.
NO! Hang out!! I am sorry I ever brought the tax stuff up!! I was just curious. They dont have our SS so they cant report it so I am happy to let it go. Please stay...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I filed my claims October 2019. Received approval for multiple service visits $1350 in April. Received approval in middle May for the trade in of $9269. I have yet to see this in the mail. Really wish I could get an answer when I call.

·
Registered
244 Posts
So, I did some more reading last night on the issue and the IRS does not have great guidance on the issue. I decided to go back and read some stuff on a similar issue (the Volkswagen issue for their diesel disaster). The article below gives some good insight on the taxability of the payment. Quick Recap: As long as your trade in value + settlement received is less than what you paid for it then it shouldn't be taxable. I'm not sure anyone is receiving more than what they paid for the car. One caveat would be if you used your vehicle in a business and had depreciation on it. Then your "basis" would be less than the purchase price.

Taxes and the VW Diesel “Blues”

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can anyone tell me if their is a transaction cap amount? I want to call and pay off a credit card that is $3200 with this debit card. Just hoping I can do this.

·
Registered
216 Posts
After viewing my last few days transactions on the card's website this morning, it appears that withdrawing $1,000 from the teller on consecutive days from my bank, Chase, DID not incur ANY fees for me.

FYI...This is my LAST post here until I no longer see any TAX references!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I talked to my accountant. His inclination was to say that this wouldn't be taxable because this was like an insurance settlement. But while they may not have asked for your SSN, if you financed the vehicle through HMFUSA, the company already has it. Ultimately he said to ask if they will be sending a 1099. I'm hesitant to do so because I don't want to give them any ideas. Maybe someone who financed through a third party can check.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After viewing my last few days transactions on the card's website this morning, it appears that withdrawing $1,000 from the teller on consecutive days from my bank, Chase, DID not incur ANY fees for me.

How are you able to log in? My VIN is not recognized in either the jnr page or the

How are you able to access the card information online? Whenever I try to log into the JNR card page or the Hyundai promo card page I am told I do not have an applicable VIN.
But I know it's the right VIN... And The card is good because I just completed day three of the $1,000 withdrawal game at Wells Fargo.

381 - 400 of 431 Posts