Hyundai Forums banner

221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Curious, how long after submitting a new claim does it take for it to show up when looking up status?

I submitted a new claim for trade in today.
However, when I use the check status page it only shows the service visit claim that I submitted months ago and already got paid for

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
If I remember right, it took a couple days. And they are closed on the weekends so probably you will see it Monday or Tuesday...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got email today 06/24/2020; claim was approved for $6420.60. Called the settlement number and the agent said that we will be receiving a prepaid card in the mail soon. She also said that she "heard" that we "should" be able to go to our bank and get a cash advance for the exact amount but not 100% sure, if not then I guess several thousand trips to WalMart or wherever to spend it down haha. I was told to call back when the card gets here and ask again. I submitted the claim 11/20/2019. My claim was for trading my 2017 Tucson for a 2019 Tucson and the subsequent "loss". So I am well happy about the outcome.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Got email today 06/24/2020; claim was approved for $6420.60. Called the settlement number and the agent said that we will be receiving a prepaid card in the mail soon. She also said that she "heard" that we "should" be able to go to our bank and get a cash advance for the exact amount but not 100% sure, if not then I guess several thousand trips to WalMart or wherever to spend it down. Now don't think I am ungrateful but a prepaid card for $6420.60 for God's sake! Told to call back when the card gets here and ask again. I submitted the claim 11/20/2019.
Wow thats great news. I still have not heard anything. Crossing my fingers..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Still waiting for my Direct Deposit regarding this resolved case. Anyone on here received any financial award early?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Direct Deposit? I didnt even know that was an option. As far as I have seen, I think everyone who has gotten paid has received debit cards..
Has your case been approved? Or is it still pending?
It can't be a direct deposit unless you gave them your bank routing number and account number.

·
Registered
1 Posts
uh is this issue is still going on for 2020 konas/tuscons or no? Am a couple days away from purchasing one. I think

·
Registered
47 Posts
uh is this issue is still going on for 2020 konas/tuscons or no? Am a couple days away from purchasing one. I think
Are you buying something with a DCT? If not then this doesn't affect you. If yes, then just do your research - I don't know if the DCT issues have been ironed out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got email today 06/24/2020; claim was approved for $6420.60. Called the settlement number and the agent said that we will be receiving a prepaid card in the mail soon. She also said that she "heard" that we "should" be able to go to our bank and get a cash advance for the exact amount but not 100% sure, if not then I guess several thousand trips to WalMart or wherever to spend it down haha. I was told to call back when the card gets here and ask again. I submitted the claim 11/20/2019. My claim was for trading my 2017 Tucson for a 2019 Tucson and the subsequent "loss". So I am well happy about the outcome.
Great news! I received my approval email on 6/17/20 and have been waiting to receive my "payout" - I will post here when I receive it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Curious - are there people in the group who have not gotten an approval email and still show their case as "Pending"? I guess if I knew it wasnt just me I would feel better. When I called last they said they were waiting for Hyundai to review still..Sigh.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
The North America spec 2020 Tucson doesn't use the DCT any more (it's a conventional 6-speed automatic). A 2019 Kona 1.6T I tested last year did not exhibit any of the symptoms my old '17 Tucson did, but obviously that was only over the course of a very limited time period. If you're debating between these two specific vehicles, I would go with the Tucson.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Curious - are there people in the group who have not gotten an approval email and still show their case as "Pending"? I guess if I knew it wasnt just me I would feel better. When I called last they said they were waiting for Hyundai to
I submitted mine in early May. Not too long after I received an email. The email stated I was missing the signed statement letter. I immediately wrote up the statement and attached it in my reply. Two weeks or so later they responded back and said they had uploaded my statement and all my other documents were good for review. My status has not changed from "pending" since my initial submission.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ok Thank You....at least I know it's not just me. But I submitted 6 months ago and they told me they have all the necessary documents..I dunno...Keep crossing my fingers....

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I got my approval that was partly denied that I will be appealing. I copied 2 emails here. I can;t find anything on the settlement notice that indicates the repairs needed to be done by 10-25-19. The only thing I can thing of is that are they got this date from the paper notice that was sent out and I did not receive. As so why this important date would be left out of the settlement notice is beyond me, and makes the entire notice very misleading. I got approved for the visits.

Good Day,

After Further review of your claim for Reimbursement for Repairs and for Rental Car / Towing / Other Costs Related to My Repairs for the DCT Class Action Settlement, it has been determined that your claim has been denied. The reasoning for the denial is as follows:

- repair reimbursement repairs need to be done by 10-25-19

If you are not satisfied with this decision you have the right to appeal. You must submit notice with your intent to appeal.
For more information on how to appeal please refer to the Settlement Agreement found under Court Documents on our website dctsettlement.com.

___

Good Day,

Your claim for Making Multiple Service Visits for the DCT Class Action Settlement has been approved.

• Your claim has been approved for $450.00 Monetary Compensation.

For more information regarding you DCT class action settlement payment, please visit the homepage of DCT Settlement.
  • Important
    Due to the unprecedented COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, the settlement payments have been delayed. We are working diligently to send out payments and will do so as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience during this trying time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
By the way. I received a brochure in the mail indicating there is now a software fix for the DCT PROBLEM. But the dealerships are unaware of it. Did anyone else get this brochure and have they had their software upgraded? If so - this might save me the headache of having to trade in my tucson

·
Registered
145 Posts
So I got my approval that was partly denied that I will be appealing. I copied 2 emails here. I can;t find anything on the settlement notice that indicates the repairs needed to be done by 10-25-19. The only thing I can thing of is that are they got this date from the paper notice that was sent out and I did not receive. As so why this important date would be left out of the settlement notice is beyond me, and makes the entire notice very misleading. I got approved for the visits.

Good Day,

After Further review of your claim for Reimbursement for Repairs and for Rental Car / Towing / Other Costs Related to My Repairs for the DCT Class Action Settlement, it has been determined that your claim has been denied. The reasoning for the denial is as follows:

- repair reimbursement repairs need to be done by 10-25-19

If you are not satisfied with this decision you have the right to appeal. You must submit notice with your intent to appeal.
For more information on how to appeal please refer to the Settlement Agreement found under Court Documents on our website dctsettlement.com.

___

Good Day,

Your claim for Making Multiple Service Visits for the DCT Class Action Settlement has been approved.

• Your claim has been approved for $450.00 Monetary Compensation.

For more information regarding you DCT class action settlement payment, please visit the homepage of DCT Settlement.
  • Important
    Due to the unprecedented COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, the settlement payments have been delayed. We are working diligently to send out payments and will do so as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience during this trying time.
That is so weird. I dont remember seeing that date in the original notice or in the settlement agreement under court documents on the website.

·
Registered
212 Posts
By the way. I received a brochure in the mail indicating there is now a software fix for the DCT PROBLEM. But the dealerships are unaware of it. Did anyone else get this brochure and have they had their software upgraded? If so - this might save me the headache of having to trade in my tucson
My 2016 Sport received two firmware updates during late-2016 and early-2017: First, Recall #149 for the ECU/TCU, then the T1B Campaign for either the ECU or TCU. Is the "fix" to which you refer a newer firmware update?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2016 Sport received two firmware updates during late-2016 and early-2017: First, Recall #149 for the ECU/TCU, then the T1B Campaign for either the ECU or TCU. Is the "fix" to which you refer a newer firmware update?
Yes. Literally just received it yesterday in the mail. Specifically to address DCT stutter at low speeds. No one else got this?

Also this was a software update not a firmware - even though a software patch would take longer to perfect than firmware it doesn't explain why it would take over 2 years...

221 - 240 of 247 Posts