Hyundai Forums banner

201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I submitted my paperwork a few weeks ago. They wanted a lot of stuff - since we traded in our 2016 Tucson for a 2018 model, I no longer had my receipts for maintenance and/or repair. My local dealership printed up everything that I needed; the various times that I had taken in our Tucson to check the DCT, leading up to the point where they had to replace the tranny under warranty at 25k miles. I just made sure that I went in when I knew the Service Dept wouldn’t be busy. We traded in that Tucson for a 2018 Sport without the DCT, and lost about $2000 - which was transferred to our current loan. That's all I’m going for, and i f I can recoup that I’ll be happy.

After over 6 months, numerous emails and follow-up phone calls, I received an email yesterday informing me that my claim was approved and I would be receiving payment in the mail. As usual I called the toll free number provided, and the Rep confirmed the monetary amount -$5600 for trade in and $225 for service visits. Regarding the trade in amount, I only asked for $2300. The whole process was difficult - they initially said all my paperwork’s was fine, then they would want something else, then later on something else, and so on....I provided various service invoices, the trade in paperwork, the new car loan paperwork, a signed sworn statement,...geez.

·
Registered
52 Posts
After over 6 months, numerous emails and follow-up phone calls, I received an email yesterday informing me that my claim was approved and I would be receiving payment in the mail. As usual I called the toll free number provided, and the Rep confirmed the monetary amount -$5600 for trade in and $225 for service visits. Regarding the trade in amount, I only asked for $2300. The whole process was difficult - they initially said all my paperwork’s was fine, then they would want something else, then later on something else, and so on....I provided various service invoices, the trade in paperwork, the new car loan paperwork, a signed sworn statement,...geez.
When I did the math for my trade in, I came up with a figure of roughly $5,700, so the fact that I'm getting about $500 more than that is gravy. The actual process of submitting the initial claim wasn't hard, but I got the distinct feeling the right hand didn't know what the left was doing because I received several notifications from the processing center claiming that documentation was "missing" despite the fact that I followed everything to the letter. They were also asking for stuff that wasn't even on the list, like the mileage disclosure from when I purchased my Tucson. It all worked out in the end, so whatever.

·
Registered
47 Posts
When I did the math for my trade in, I came up with a figure of roughly $5,700, so the fact that I'm getting about $500 more than that is gravy. The actual process of submitting the initial claim wasn't hard, but I got the distinct feeling the right hand didn't know what the left was doing because I received several notifications from the processing center claiming that documentation was "missing" despite the fact that I followed everything to the letter. They were also asking for stuff that wasn't even on the list, like the mileage disclosure from when I purchased my Tucson. It all worked out in the end, so whatever.
Exactly! There always seemed to something that they weren't seeing. So I would take my service invoice and circle the comments that included the particular DCT complaint, then scan and re-send it. Had about 3 back-and-forths of this, before they were satisfied.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Exactly! There always seemed to something that they weren't seeing. So I would take my service invoice and circle the comments that included the particular DCT complaint, then scan and re-send it. Had about 3 back-and-forths of this, before they were satisfied.
The conspiracy theorist in me believes that they think people won't do their due diligence so they can find a way to deny the claim as the result of a technicality. I was absolutely meticulous with everything. I had my sworn statement notarized. I even tracked down a copy of the actual TSB from Hyundai showing that the Op Codes for the work done on the DCT matched what was on the service order. There was no way I would let them weasel their way out of paying me, and I'm glad to have been vindicated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
WOW so glad to see some people are getting compensated for trade in!! I am crossing my fingers that I will get that magical email too!!
My claim isnt even as much as the refunds I have seen because I only kept my car 6 months so the loss from the time I purchased was not as much.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
The conspiracy theorist in me believes that they think people won't do their due diligence so they can find a way to deny the claim as the result of a technicality. I was absolutely meticulous with everything. I had my sworn statement notarized. I even tracked down a copy of the actual TSB from Hyundai showing that the Op Codes for the work done on the DCT matched what was on the service order. There was no way I would let them weasel their way out of paying me, and I'm glad to have been vindicated.
Did you type up your sworn affidavit or do they provide one that you just sign? I am going to submit my trade in claim tomorrow. I am planning on just providing the service receipts. I already applied for, got approved and paid for the service visits so I think that alone should work for me since they already approved those once and found them valid

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you type up your sworn affidavit or do they provide one that you just sign? I am going to submit my trade in claim tomorrow. I am planning on just providing the service receipts. I already applied for, got approved and paid for the service visits so I think that alone should work for me since they already approved those once and found them valid

I hand wrote and signed my affidavit. Just got my approval email yesterday for trade & visits.

Anyone one know if there’s a way to deposit the money into your bank that’s on the card you’ll receive?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I hope they are smart enough not to put my $7800 on a debit card. It should come via a check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
I thought I read in the settlement that the visits will be reimbursed by gift/debit card and the trade in money will be by check. If I find it I will post it

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm also getting "thousands" and according to the administrator, it will be by debit card. How do I spend this...will we be able to go to a bank and cash out the card and deposit the money? I am thrilled to get the money, but concerned how I will be able to use it for its intended purpose, reimbursing us for decreased trade in value. It's not like I can go back and make a bigger down payment on the Tucson's replacement with it.

·
Registered
52 Posts

I typed it up, and my lawyer cousin finessed some of the language. A sworn statement is part of the required documentation for submitting a claim for trade-in reimbursement so the service receipts alone will not cover you. I've attached a copy you can use as a template.

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
I typed it up, and my lawyer cousin finessed some of the language. A sworn statement is part of the required documentation for submitting a claim for trade-in reimbursement so the service receipts alone will not cover you. I've attached a copy you can use as a template.
Thanks for that.

I will include a short statement anyways but isn't the fact that I went to the dealer at like 5K miles proof that I complained?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine was a one liner that said I had issues before 20k miles and was signed under perjury.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine was a one liner that said I had issues before 20k miles and was signed under perjury.

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
After reading through the settlement, I found this ...I underlined and bolded :

"...For each Claim qualifying for a payment under this Agreement, HMA shall mail to the Class Member, at the address on the Claim Form, no later than 30 days after the Effective Date, a check or reimbursement debit card. The debit cards provided under this settlement shall be redeemable for at least 120 days, without any fees charged by HMA or the debit card issuer, at ATMs and merchants that accept Visa cards. The debit cards shall indicate their “use by” dates on their ..."

·
Registered
145 Posts
After reading through the settlement, I found this ...I underlined and bolded :

"...For each Claim qualifying for a payment under this Agreement, HMA shall mail to the Class Member, at the address on the Claim Form, no later than 30 days after the Effective Date, a check or reimbursement debit card. The debit cards provided under this settlement shall be redeemable for at least 120 days, without any fees charged by HMA or the debit card issuer, at ATMs and merchants that accept Visa cards. The debit cards shall indicate their “use by” dates on their ..."
Yes thats the line I saw. I love how it says payment would be made no later than 30 days after the effective date which was 4/6/2020. So much for the judge approving the settlement agreement..

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes thats the line I saw. I love how it says payment would be made no later than 30 days after the effective date which was 4/6/2020. So much for the judge approving the settlement agreement..
Yeah, my understanding is the office that disperses the funds has been closed to due to pandemic, and just re-opened in the last week. I could be wrong, however. But I also thought the 30 days has past. When I called, they said they would be mailing mine in the "next two weeks"

EDIT: Found this : " In response to the unprecedented COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic the class action settlement center is closed until further notice. However, we will continue processing claims during the closure. For any questions or concerns regarding your claim please email [email protected]. Please note responses may take longer than normal. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time ..

.Due to the unprecedented COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, the settlement payments have been delayed. We are working diligently to send out payments and will do so as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience during this trying time. "

·
Registered
179 Posts
Somewhere I read there are about 100,000 class members. It could take awhile to process and send out 100,000 debit cards or checks...especially if they are working with a reduced employee load. Not sure that means all class members are approved or even eligible.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Curious, how long after submitting a new claim does it take for it to show up when looking up status?

I submitted a new claim for trade in today.
However, when I use the check status page it only shows the service visit claim that I submitted months ago and already got paid for

201 - 220 of 247 Posts