Hyundai Forums banner

181 - 200 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jason what particular documentation did you need to prove that you traded it in for the purpose of a replacement due to DCT? Did you need any type of paperwork from the dealership you traded you car to?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Jason what particular documentation did you need to prove that you traded it in for the purpose of a replacement due to DCT? Did you need any type of paperwork from the dealership you traded you car to?
I provided:

Purchase agreement of Hyundai
Sale/trade in of it
Couple documents showing DCT issues
Signed Statement under penalties of perjury stating I experienced DCT issues prior to 20k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I provided:

Purchase agreement of Hyundai
Sale/trade in of it
Couple documents showing DCT issues
Signed Statement under penalties of perjury stating I experienced DCT issues prior to 20k miles.

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My documents on DCT were software upgrades they wouldn't replace it. My claim is still pending for visits and repairs. I am looking to trade in next week for a 2020 tucson.

·
Registered
548 Posts
My documents on DCT were software upgrades they wouldn't replace it. My claim is still pending for visits and repairs. I am looking to trade in next week for a 2020 tucson.
It may be in your best interest to wait a few months to buy a redesigned 2021.....Just my two cents...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just got this email below - The good thing is it still says approved. Just a matter of how long "delayed" means. With everything opening back up (for now) hopefully it will not be too much longer.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still no email for me, though website indicates "denied" with claim submitted March 24. Nearly three months without correspondence!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone received their payment? I just logged on and it says approved. I want to make sure I didn’t throw away something assuming it was junk mail.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Can someone help me understand...
I already filed, got approved and received $450 gift card for the multiple visits claim.

Now I think I'm going to trade it in for a Hyundai Palisade.

Will I be able to file another claim for the trade in?
It's 2016 model (purchased Feb 2016) with 63K miles.

I don't fully understand the rules since I already submitted one claim. Tried reaching out to the claim admin and they just referred me back to their website

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Can someone help me understand...
I already filed, got approved and received $450 gift card for the multiple visits claim.

Now I think I'm going to trade it in for a Hyundai Palisade.

Will I be able to file another claim for the trade in?
It's 2016 model (purchased Feb 2016) with 63K miles.

I don't fully understand the rules since I already submitted one claim. Tried reaching out to the claim admin and they just referred me back to their website

My 2 cents..My understanding is you have to trade it in and file the claim within 120 days of the effective date which on the website is 4/6/2020. So yes you would need to file a new claim.
You said you reached out to the claim admin? Do you mean you emailed the Dct Settlement email or do you have a person you contacted? I have not been able to get an email response for months when I request an update on my claim.
Thanks and good luck with your new car!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
My 2 cents..My understanding is you have to trade it in and file the claim within 120 days of the effective date which on the website is 4/6/2020. So yes you would need to file a new claim.
You said you reached out to the claim admin? Do you mean you emailed the Dct Settlement email or do you have a person you contacted? I have not been able to get an email response for months when I request an update on my claim.
Thanks and good luck with your new car!
Hi. I emailed them and it took them 2 weeks to reply. They pretty much also just told me about the 120 days after 4/6/2020 and to refer to page 6 of the settlement.

I knew that though. My question was am I still able to file a 2nd claim since last year I already submitted one for multiple visits and already got $450 for that.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi. I emailed them and it took them 2 weeks to reply. They pretty much also just told me about the 120 days after 4/6/2020 and to refer to page 6 of the settlement.

I knew that though. My question was am I still able to file a 2nd claim since last year I already submitted one for multiple visits and already got $450 for that.

Oh yes I think so. There are others in this group that have done that. They got payment for service visits and they are now trading the cars in within the 120 days and filing another claim. Maybe one of them will reply to you....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Oh yes I think so. There are others in this group that have done that. They got payment for service visits and they are now trading the cars in within the 120 days and filing another claim. Maybe one of them will reply to you....
I wish I knew that before the first deadline passed. I initially read it as you got the smaller service visit amount If you wanted to keep the car and you would get the trade in amount if you traded it in. I missed out on a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Awesome. Hopefully I'll get something for trading it in still. It's at 63K miles and I'm already over 4 years since purchase so now just have about 60 days left in the 120 day deadline

·
Registered
145 Posts
HA I received an email today replying to my request for an update from 2 weeks ago. I have always included the VIN number in my subject line of any emails I have sent them. The response from them was can I please send them the correct VIN number because that's not the one they have on file.LOL
So I called them. YES the settlement center is open! I actually talked to a person. She checked on my claim and said it is still pending because it requires a lot of calculation, LOL I only kept the car for 6 months and 3000 miles.(Pretty obvious that I got rid of the car ASAP). So she said I will have an answer this week.
I hope they stay open long enough to take care of everyone. I will report back if I hear anything.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
HA I received an email today replying to my request for an update from 2 weeks ago. I have always included the VIN number in my subject line of any emails I have sent them. The response from them was can I please send them the correct VIN number because that's not the one they have on file.LOL
So I called them. YES the settlement center is open! I actually talked to a person. She checked on my claim and said it is still pending because it requires a lot of calculation, LOL I only kept the car for 6 months and 3000 miles.(Pretty obvious that I got rid of the car ASAP). So she said I will have an answer this week.
I hope they stay open long enough to take care of everyone. I will report back if I hear anything.
Good that they are open and answering.
I wouldn't worry about them staying open long enough to help everyone. It's not like a store that can just close. Even if this admin office closes I'm sure the court will get a new one

181 - 200 of 247 Posts