Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i have a 2013 genesis coupe 3.8 Track i picked up a few months ago. Its at 96k miles. I recently noticed that when its warmer outside, when i give the car 50% throttle and its shifts from 2-3, the rpm's jump and its a rough shift. Im hoping the clutches in the trans arent going bad. It does it more often when it is warmer so i am going to try to change the trans fluid and see if thats it. There are no lights on the dash that are on. I even read the codes with my scanner to be sure and nothing came up. Its almost like if you were in a manual car and you powershifted it is what it feels like but around mid range rpm. Any thoughts? TIA.

Edit: forgot to mention it doesnt do it when im at full throttle or less than 50% throttle. Its only at mid range.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Do the drain and fill and see what you get. Does your scanner show the data stream for the TCM?

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
If your scantool can do a transmission rest do it. I had big shift problems with my I30 and after reset it works fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, i have a 2013 genesis coupe 3.8 Track i picked up a few months ago. Its at 96k miles. I recently noticed that when its warmer outside, when i give the car 50% throttle and its shifts from 2-3, the rpm's jump and its a rough shift. Im hoping the clutches in the trans arent going bad. It does it more often when it is warmer so i am going to try to change the trans fluid and see if thats it. There are no lights on the dash that are on. I even read the codes with my scanner to be sure and nothing came up. Its almost like if you were in a manual car and you powershifted it is what it feels like but around mid range rpm. Any thoughts? TIA.

Edit: forgot to mention it doesnt do it when im at full throttle or less than 50% throttle. Its only at mid range.

did you ever get this resolved? mine does the same thing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts