Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
It looks good, there are some similarities with the new Camaro, square lines. I'm not sure about the dashboard though, it looks like a dashboard from a car from the 50's

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks good, there are some similarities with the new Camaro, square lines. I'm not sure about the dashboard though, it looks like a dashboard from a car from the 50's
Well right, I think they're aiming to look like the Datsun 510s from the 70s and such.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I like the Datsun of the 70's better then the Toyota of the same decade. The 510 is a better looking version of the Lada lol

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
It looks like the runt of the litter when a Camaro had kittens. Don't like it. I'd rather have the 70's boxy box version.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
The 510 was a good car for its day and we bought ours new. But it was also a rust bucket. And the carbs were very troublesome and very complicated to work on. I also had to replace the flywheel because the starter teeth were so badly worn.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
in the 70's my dad had a Toyota station wagon and after only a few years the frame was so badly rusted that he cut the car in half and made a trailer with it.

·
22,788 Posts
Ah, the old Datsun "Five and Dime." Loved the look of those little guys! Neighbor had a blue one. Sold it a few year's back and has regretted it ever since! Some collector from Texas came up and trailered it back home to restore. I'd sure like to see the finished product.

This IDx is a hot-looking little entry. Nissan may be onto to something.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I too once had a car I regretted selling, a very rare car. A 1978 Ford Fairmont coupe, with factory V8 (302) engine, a sunroof, bucket seats, chromed shifter mounted to the floor, aluminum sport steering wheel. I've never seen such a Fairmont after I sold it, all the ones I saw in the scrapyards had inline 6 cylinders, steering wheel mounted shifter and were 4 doors sedan, not coupe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts