Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, since someone asked what you do with the clips under the lid of the center console (I use that for my registration too), I thought I'd ask what people use the little cubby on the dash for?

I want it to be a tissue dispenser, but no tissue boxes will fit in that space. So, it goes unused and unloved. M&Ms would be nice, but only with weather like this (highs well below freezing), so even the sun wouldn't melt them :)

So - what do you use it for?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Is that something the 2017's and up have that maybe the earlier models don't have? Or is there, perhaps, something I don't know about with my Santa Fe? lol!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Is that something the 2017's and up have that maybe the earlier models don't have? Or is there, perhaps, something I don't know about with my Santa Fe? lol!
You must have gotten a Friday afternoon model and they forgot to install it? :)
BTW, mine holds a small notepad and pencil (ink pen might blow up), and a small travel tissues packet.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
my 18 doesn't have it either - I think it may be because of the tech package? or maybe they stopped installing it because it wasn't used?.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,644 Posts
I use it to hold the center front speaker for my INFINITY audio system. :wink:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I use it to hold the center front speaker for my INFINITY audio system.
Exactly, the Dimension (some markets) or Mobis base radio with six speakers has the storage bin, otherwise for the 590W Infinity stereo it becomes the center front speaker, along with surround speakers just behind the C pillars and one subwoofer in the left side of the trunk, total 10 speakers.

I added six speakers in four locations and replaced the factory / OEM sub with a powered 300W Rockford Fosgate P300-12" kicker in the trunk and added four tweaters, two at ear level in the back doors and two on the A pillars again at ear level and replaced the door speakers with Infinity Kappa (Kappa 60iX components in the back doors and Kappa 62.11i with Skar SPX-T tweeters in the front). The supertweeters in custom pods on the A pillars are J L Audio C5-075ct dome tweeters.

The custom design pods are available from an eBay seller in Germany.

Surrounds are now Kappa 20mx midrange speakers and the center (dash) is a FaitalPRO 4FE32 4ohm full range which better centers the sound stage, so I boosted the mid-range, too.

I was a professional singer, so upgrading the stereo speakers and pumping the peak power to 1090 watts gave me great sound stage with awesome bass and treble.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
I was going to say.. I thought a speaker was there! lol!

I do wish I had another storage area, but I'll take a speaker over storage if I have to choose. :)

Reactions: Old's Cool

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting that it's the location of the speaker for the higher end trims. So, it's kind of a filler. I like the idea of the pencil and paper, though.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I took the lid off mine and mounted an aftermarket GPS.
I hate the suction cup GPS mount, it always falls off the windshield.
-Chris

Now that’s how to utilize the useless space, nicely done Chris .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
784 Posts
Mine holds the speaker that rattles when it gets cold.
I'll have to read the service manual on how to remove/pry off the speaker grill and see what I can do to better secure the speaker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts