Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
If you want to tap the cigarette wires and don't feel like soldering, I use these posi-taps sometimes, they work really well. They pierce into the center of a wire, and are very reliable unlike other style of taps I've used.

I don't recommend butt splices unless you use heatshrink for wire retention. They make butt splices with built in heat shrink which work fairly well.

I can't remember if the cubby cigarette sockets were 18 guage or 20 guage. Here's an assortment pack to cover your bases: https://www.amazon.com/Lockitt-POSI-TAP-Assortment-connectors-10-22/dp/B00CMC5DII

Has anyone tried tapping power from the map lights above the mirror??
Seems like a good place to get power without much wiring.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
gggplaya..yes, I did like that, the most easy way and now all my cameras work 7/24...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, I have jus fitted my dash cam and thought I would share with you the process, no need to run miles of cable all around the dash

https: //www . youtube.com /watch?v=lDiC1ME-KlY

I can't post the direct link as I've not been a member for 7 days. But if you search youtube for 'Hyundai Tucson 2017 dash camera - flaxvert'

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wrote this over a year ago and its probably hidden somewhere so I will rewrite for new comers.

Hard wiring dash cam to your fuse box:

I used the Power Magic Pro by Blackvue along with Blackvue dashcam (I recommend getting this kit and you can pick any other dashcam you want as long as it has cigarette plug). The purpose of this kit is so that you can set it to auto shut off power to dashcam when battery drops below a certain voltage. (Great for parking mode when ignition is off).

Now to the fuse box, I pluged in the power source (when car ON) to rear wiper fuse. When car OFF, I plugged it to power seat switch fuse. There is one common ground which I unbolted a screw slightly near the fuse box is (car body) and screwed it back tight.

For those asking if you really need those add a fuse tab, I personally did not use it. I just took out the fuse and wrapped the wire around and plugged it back in.

I installed this probably October 2015 and have not yet had a problem.
Hi, thanks for this. I assume that the powered seat fuse is always on? Installing my Blackvues today!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts